FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smoked Bologna Made Easy and Fast

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlicTrix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28 13 10:31 am    Post subject: Smoked Bologna Made Easy and Fast Reply with quote

Like smoked bologna and don't have the time to mess with grinding, mixing, stuffing and smoking

Check this chit out or as I call it, The cowards way out

Goto the cheapest supermart that has a deli in your area and hit the deli counter. Order 4- one inch sliced cuts of ekrich bologna or just something cheap in 1 inch thick cuts, your choice but they must be 1 inch thick slices.

So Heres what I do with my baloney, besides spreading it around these forums Surprised

First I set my digital electric smoker to 200F and while it is preheating. I heat 3 cups of water in pot on my stove on the highest heat and add 4 beef bullion cubes and 2 tablespoons of garlic powder and 1 tablespoon of basil and bring to boil, once it boils whisk it to make sure all is disolved and then pour into your water pan and add 4 fresh bay leaves (or if all you have is dried leaves, add them to the pot before the boil point) Either way once the water boils and spices are dissolved pour into water pan and place in your smoker.

Once the temp hits 200F, put all 4- 1 inch slices without rinds on the top rack centered over your water tray and add your chips (2hrs worth), I use cherry wood but apple works just fine too or you can mix both for a nice sweet smoke with a bite.

Ok if you keep the temp to 195-200F then smoke them for 2 hrs and no peeking or you blow out the water tray flavor and moistness.

When done cool them in the fridge till cool to the touch and then slice and package in ziplocks or vacuum seal and refridgerate or freeze - They are yours now So Enjoy.

SlicTrix/Greg

Last edited by SlicTrix on Thu Feb 28 13 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
SlicTrix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28 13 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an added note; my wife loves bologna mayo sandwiches and hates fried bologna no matter what I do.

But I got her on a kick with my easy smoked bologna, even tho she said she would never eat it. I threw out her oscar mayer stuff and then eventually she needed a bologna fix.

And low and behold now she says I should make more.

Life is good when your smokin Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Sausage Making All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: