FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4 racks and a prime rib

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12 06 12:17 am    Post subject: 4 racks and a prime rib Reply with quote

Well I couldnt take it no more so the wife decided I needed to cook up some BBQ as she was sick of hearing me moan and groan like a home sick dog...

I went to my butcher to see what he had that looked really good. I got to tell you dont do that when you are hungry for BBQ. I came out of there with 2 racks of back ribs, 2 racks of prime rib beef bones and a 2 bone prime rib roast.

I used charcoal for heat and I used up some mesquite and apple wood chunks I had kicking around. Despite the cold temperature I was able to keep the chargriller at a constant 250 degrees.

I have no pix of this smoke session as I forgot to bring the camera in my excitement to get to making some BBQ.

I inserted slivers of garlic in the prime rib and I covered it with a slather made from dijon mustard, horseradish, worchestershire sauce and minced garlic. I then seasoned it with a mixture of ground montreal steak spice, cajan rub and some herbs. Because we had soem folks for dinner that dont be likin no bloody meat I made the sacrifice and cooked it to 150 degrees internal. It was still nice and pink inside which was O.K with the dinner guests.

The ribs turned out well but they are this weeks dinner so I cant tell ya how they tasted. The beef ribs look amazing!! I trimmed them up well, removing a lot of fat from both sides. Oh, I cant wait!! Some Saturday night special and beef ribs.!!
LIAR #100
skybob
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12 06 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds GREAT Roxy!! Loved your Saturday Night Special sauce on my ribs I did awhile back. The prime rib is something that I'm going to have to try one of these days. I have the same problem, only my wife doesn't even go for "pink". I just hate cooking for her taste (first on, last off).
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12 06 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob:

I am blessed that my wife likes meat cooked just like me and will even enjoy what I wish was cooked a bit more...

My first wife was a real carbon fan
LIAR #100
skybob
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12 06 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish my wife and her sister would meld their tastes. My wife likes the very well done style and her sister likes the very rare style. If they would just meet in the middle on taste, it'd make my cooking for them a lot more enjoyable for me.
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12 06 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great Roxy, too bad on the pics- your stuff always looks like it should be featured in some cooking magazine! Very Happy

The wife likes her steak on the rare side, and I like mine more on the done side- I feel your pain!

Got a steak dinner to cook for 65 this week- gotta cook em' all med, and custom grill for those that like em' more done!
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12 06 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBQMAN wrote:
Sounds great Roxy, too bad on the pics- your stuff always looks like it should be featured in some cooking magazine! Very Happy

The wife likes her steak on the rare side, and I like mine more on the done side- I feel your pain!

Got a steak dinner to cook for 65 this week- gotta cook em' all med, and custom grill for those that like em' more done!

What kinda steak are ya cookin up..??
LIAR #100
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12 06 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12oz. Rib Eyes- should be a good meal Roxy! Very Happy
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13 06 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, you can say that again..!!

My favorite steak for sure.

I do a pan seared cajan blacked ribeye that is about as good as any I have eaten out.
LIAR #100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: