FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Look what i found...(food truck build 7/13 update)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bootlegbbq
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19 12 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff T thanks for the share. Hope you're able to get that radiator problem cleared up. Keep up the good work. Window turned out great.
250gal. Offset Smoker
84 Lang Kitchen
Ya know how ya git to Carnegie Hall don't cha...practice

www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36580
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19 12 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys..........
i took some better pics with my camera. Finished up the right side today.

Finished the right side FRP walls and trim around the window.

Better shot of the window. Before i finished the FRP on this side, i bolted on some hinges for a serving shelf.

Wifey helped by painting today. She did the upper trim boards and the roll up door, looks like we need to touch up the spring too.

Better shot of the left side.
Ready for the plumbing next, run the wiring, build some counter space, or buy another SS tables, build or buy some wire shelves.
The list goes on....... Rolling Eyes
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14 12 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a non picturesque update...
Got the plumbing done, 3 sink & a hand wash, water heater pump tanks etc.... Had to replace the heater hoses, while removing a bus heater from the cube. Leaky hoses. Moved the passenger seat back up front where it belongs. That was a mess had to EZ out the old bolts and re-tap the nut threads to fasten the seat to the floor again. They cut the bolt heads off. Mad I hate following some one else`s mess.....

Anyway called an electrician and had him come out & take a look-see. Looks like i`ll be on a 30 amp panel with plenty of power to run what i need. Electrician should have it done in a week or two... depending on when he can start on it. Busy fella. Still lots to do but its getting closer will post some pics when i can.
KAKid
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17 12 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff T wrote:
or buy another SS tables, build or buy some wire shelves.
The list goes on....... Rolling Eyes

Hey Jeff. I have a used 8'X30" SS table w/backsplash, drawer, galvanized lower shelf and can opener. I bought it for a basement prep kitchen that I'm not gonna build. If you're interested, I can get you some pics.

Chargriller Outlaw w/SFB and Mods
Pair of UDS's
10 gal CI Chili/Jambalaya pot
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17 12 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure... send me some pics or post here.
Height & location of the drawer might be an issue. Measurements of the drawer location up down left right, distance between the legs etc...
See i would have to fit the table over my fresh water tank & water heater. My water tank is 19 1/2 inches tall.
I can cut, weld & hack to fit. Twisted Evil
If the price is right. Very Happy
KAKid
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17 12 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, here's a link to some pics:
http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/Msmetzer/SS%20Table/

I goofed, the shelf isn't galvanized, it's also SS. Had to break it down to get it into the basement and do some scrubbing on it.

Pair of UDS's
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 07 12 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went and picked up a table on Saturday & met up with KAKid in Sioux Falls SD. I always seem to forget to take pics of important moments.
We didn't have much of a chance to chat, both of us had much to do. From the looks of the weather i`m glad we didn't dally around too long looks like that area of SD had some bad weather. Hope your ok Mike, sure was good to meet a fellow smokering member. Next time i`ll make the wife remind me to take a camera.Very Happy

Here`s the table in the background all braced and bolted down. Worked out great. I`ll re-purpose the bottom shelf for another table. (Sorry for the crappy pic my cell phone was nervous & crabby)

High winds brought out the Discovery Channel storm spotters. A place called Jerry`s Hilltop cafe was the meeting spot just across the SD/NE border.
Waiting & watching the sky`s for tornado's to develop. They drew quite a crowd. My wife wanted to stop and snap a few pics before they took off. (she had her clam & happy cell phone take these pics) The storm team ended up in the south east corner of SD. to cover the storms.

The hood on that Dodge truck had smaller hail dents inside the bigger hail dents..... it was so beat to crap from previous storms. The TIV (Tornado Intercept Vehicle) was an awesome machine to say the least.

Next is a trip to visit the electrician to get powered up. Once i get the WBV (Whyldfire Barbque Van) more presentable i promise to take some better pics with a regular camera that isn't nervous or crabby. Rolling Eyes
KAKid
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 07 12 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great fit in that space, Jeff. Definitely should have plenty of prep room.
Glad to hear that ya'll, the table and the tool box made it home safely. I took a different route home and didn't even have to turn my wipers on. Once I did get home we had storms to the north and south of us but we stayed dry. It's a phenomenon we call "The Huron Split".

Jeff T wrote:
Next time I`ll make the wife remind me to take a camera.Very Happy

HAH! I remembered to bring my camera......but we were both so anxious to get going, I forgot to remember to take any pics. Embarassed Rolling Eyes I'll be keeping an eye out for some events down your way so maybe we can get together without feeling rushed. Wink

Pair of UDS's
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 08 12 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good.
We'll be up that way again. The wife was impressed with all the shopping available in the souix falls aera. Shocked Rolling Eyes

Home Depot, Lowes, Northern Tools.... ohhhh yeah I could spend some time there. Twisted Evil
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 18 12 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well
Been battling with my triple sink faucet set up all week. Couple of hours every nite after work. For the life of me i cant get the dang thing to stop dripping. Its coming from the back side of the back splash. Came with a set of 2 inch straight pipes, nuts and elbows. One of the elbows was cracked. Cant get the straight pipes to seal. Teflon tape, even the brush-able stuff. Tightened the snot out of it too. Still drips from the back side??? Kind of hard to just explain the set up in writing... but i`ll get it figured out.

Anyways i hung some lites and wire shelves. The little light puts out quite a bit. The one on the other side is on in this pic. The electrician wired me up for 50 amp service. Four boxes on each side. He did a nice job for me. No problems so far. I`m able to have half of the breakers on plugged into a 110. Able to run the water heater, pump, lights, and a fan while i`m working on it. Cant wait to try it out on paying gigs. Laughing

The Twins were getting jealous of all the attention the van was getting & wanted to pose for a pic.
Hell Fire Grill
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 18 12 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll come together and work just fine, you do high quality work.

One hell of a lot of capacity with all them cookers.
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 20 12 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the truck on her first maiden voyage today.
Vended a customer appreciation event for the local Harley shop. Great bunch of guys. The weather started out a bit crappy but turned sunny and warm.

Here we are setting up.

Monster was giving free samples out.

A few bikes showed up early.

First bike wash. Was a bit cool, sorry cant see much, but it got better and wetter when the day warmed up.

All the pictures i had time for, needed to load the cooker and get started. Leaky pipe kinda took care of itself, as the day went on it stopped dripping, all went well.
Tiny Titan water heat worked flawless plenty of hot water. I was able to run the pump, water heater, a small fan, and two roasters on low plugged into a 110. Plenty good for me. Did find out I need to put up some more shelves & get a bit more organized.
Very happy with the set up though.
Maniac
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 20 12 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff T glad to hear every thing went well on your maiden voyage Very Happy get blue block or leak lock and you should be good....over tightening some times will give you a leak also...great looking rig so far Cool
KAKid
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 21 12 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think storage and organization will probably be an ongoing concern until you get your workflow down pat. Wink
Dang, that's a great looking rig, Jeff. Very Happy

Pair of UDS's
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 21 12 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Maniac.
"blue block or leak lock" I`ll see if i can fine some. Although it did stop leaking. I`m sure i haven't seen the last of this minor problem.

Thanks KAKid.
I put up some more wire shelves today. It seemed like hours moving supplies around trying to decide where to put every thing.

These wire shelves came from an Alco department store here in town that closed down a while back. Bought 3 - 3ft long racks & 4 - 4ft long racks. Went to Menards and bought the white channel iron to hang the racks. Worked out good so far.

Cleaning supplies, towels, rags etc... After i put these 3 foot ones up i wish i`d have bought more they have ends.

I figured some bungee cords on the ends of the 4 foot shelves/baskets should keep things in there place once i figure out where that needs to be..... Rolling Eyes

Still need to do some thing with that nasty floor. The HD Rep told me as long as i can sweep & mop the floor she don't care whats there.

I need to figure out a access hole for the big a$$ extension cord for the power box. Maybe a big PVC tube and a cap, cut a 3 inch hole in the side wall??? Need to hang the out side serving shelf and cover it with either stainless or aluminum diamond plate. Sumthin cool though.
Then touch up the paint & on to lettering or wrapping.
By then i`ll probably need to winterize it..... Razz
Maniac
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 21 12 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff t i have seen these with glue on adapters for pvc pipe.......a friend then used aluminum foil tape and it looked like a chrome tube when he was done....

this one is not the one he used....but very similar

http://www.rvpartscenter.com/ProductDetail.asp?PID=36677&SID=8&DID=50&CID=378
KAKid
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 21 12 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff T wrote:

I was gonna suggest summerizing it with one of them single car garage door screens w/magnetic center closure to cover that big ole hole you got in the back of that thing.

Pair of UDS's
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 22 12 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maniac wrote:
jeff t i have seen these with glue on adapters for pvc pipe.......a friend then used aluminum foil tape and it looked like a chrome tube when he was done....

this one is not the one he used....but very similar

http://www.rvpartscenter.com/ProductDetail.asp?PID=36677&SID=8&DID=50&CID=378

Good idea I'll get one from my local rv shop. Huh why didnt I think of that?
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 22 12 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KAKid wrote:
Jeff T wrote:

I was gonna suggest summerizing it with one of them single car garage door screens w/magnetic center closure to cover that big ole hole you got in the back of that thing.

There`s a tarp shop here in town that i`m going to see about making me a zippered snap on screen. But heck if i can find a garage door magnetic one that would fit i might go that route.
I`ll check it out thanks.... nuther good idea!
BUGSnBBQ
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed May 23 12 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool looking build so far, Jeff T. Very nice looking setup.

Congrats on all your hard work, hope everything turns out as you envisioned Laughing
The Matt Ryan of LIARS! (#2)

I had the RIGHT to remain silent, I just didn't have the ABILITY.

Support your 2nd Amendment RIGHT. Criminals prefer unarmed victims.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: