FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carolina Style Wins in Texas .....................
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Another Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31 11 10:17 am    Post subject: Carolina Style Wins in Texas ..................... Reply with quote

Thank

Last edited by Another Member on Wed Sep 07 11 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
BBQnIL
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01 11 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sauce tied for 11th in mild tomato! whoo hooo
http://www.facebook.com/mainstreetbbq
http://www.twitter.com/mainstreetbbq
If you BBQ it.... They will come!
Pit Boss
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01 11 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the way they call it "Carolina" sauce...like you'll find something similar in both states. Mustard is specific to South Carolina and does not cross the border. I suppose they use the term "Carolina" in order to conjure up thoughts of good 'ol North Carolina bbq to help them sell some South Carolina sauce.

Marketing...whatcha gonna do?
Another Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05 11 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank

Last edited by Another Member on Wed Sep 07 11 1:41 am; edited 3 times in total
Another Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05 11 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank

Last edited by Another Member on Wed Sep 07 11 1:42 am; edited 5 times in total
Pig Pickin Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06 11 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW, I just found this out. I have been using their sauce for two years now.

congratulation's you guy's.
Mike Lawry
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06 11 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. I like all the Carolina type sauces. East, West + Mustard.

Mike Lawry.
Pit Boss
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06 11 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Timer Rubs wrote:
Good Day,

We think you are taken this post out of context and misunderstand what was posted. We do not label our BBQ sauce “Carolina” sauce, you named it that. Not exactly. You don't label it as such, but you're saying "Carolina" at every opportunity. You market it as such even if your label lacks the words. If you read the post you will see that the post stated “Carolina Style” sauce Wins. That could be either or and a combination of N. and S. Carolina mixture. But it is mustard. That is not a North Carolina thing in the least. You would be more accurate to be marketing your sauce as a "South Carolina" style sauce. Yes mustard sauce was created by the German’s in 1700’s on the east coast and mustard sauce is known to be from Columbia to Charleston, S.C. and I was raised on Maurice's BBQ sauce but you also have mustard sauce in Georgia as well.
You need to look at some of the top store brands that call their sauce a “Carolina Mustard” sauce and they aren’t from N. or S. Carolina. At least we are originally from S.C. and know the History of true “Mustard” sauce. Our BBQ Sauce is a true mustard base and doesn’t have any tomato anything in it!

OH, and I know you mistook the “Carolina” to mean N. Carolina, which usually represents The Carolina Tar Heels. So what you are saying is that everything with a name of “Carolina” refers to N.C. somehow. My point, as stated above is that you should be marketing your mustard sauce as a South Carolina style sauce...but SC bbq isn't all that popular so it seems you drug North Carolina along for the ride even though mustard sauce does not exist up there. You want people to conjure up thoughts of good 'ol North Carolina bbq to sell sauce. That is why you're using the term "Carolina". Also, if you are indeed from South Carolina you would know that if you say "CAROLINA" in reference to sports, people automatically know you are talking about the Gamecocks. The term "Carolina" certainly means two different things depending on your geographical location between N. & S.

We do not think you can honestly give a definition or description of what our BBQ Sauce was described as Well, it is mustard based. That, typically is a South Carolina sauce. You describe it as "Carolina style" so you can not mean Georgia style. Therefore it is a SC style bbq sauce. until you have tried it but at this point even if you did try our BBQ sauce you would have a negative outlook.
You should be pleased that Texas judges select our sauce over some of the top brand sauces from Texas the U.S., England and Canada. Good on you for winning the comp. My opinions are only on the marketing of the product. Not that this is a life changer for me, just pointing out what mustard sauce is and that there is no "real" Carolina style where mustard is involved. For Carolina involvement you have to limit your conversation to the southern state.

You are not the only one that knows a little history.

I find it curious that of the 7 posts you've made on The Smoke Ring, four of them have been deleted for advertising your product. The other 3 are in this thread...and again, clearly advertising your product. If you have not paid your dues, I don't think it'll take SoEzzy very long to delete these as well. Maybe you've signed up for the program...I don't know.
Pig Pickin Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06 11 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that someone must have died and left you the BBQ God. All you are trying to do is start a pissing match. It seems that you are jealious about someone else's success and you are jealious of N. Carolins as well.
I'm sure that Old Timer survied before before you and will surve after you.

I have read through your pass post and have not really found any great articles you posted. You seem to have a negitive attitude.

I invite you to visit Tenn. and chill awhile.

I am really sorry that I have joined such a jealious, close mined type forum.
Pit Boss
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07 11 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pig Pickin Man wrote:
It seems to me that someone must have died and left you the BBQ God. All you are trying to do is start a pissing match. It seems that you are jealious about someone else's success and you are jealious of N. Carolins as well.
I'm sure that Old Timer survied before before you and will surve after you.

I have read through your pass post and have not really found any great articles you posted. You seem to have a negitive attitude.

I invite you to visit Tenn. and chill awhile.

I am really sorry that I have joined such a jealious, close mined type forum.

Oh heavens to Betsy...you are not getting it either are you? LOL

I do have a negative attitude. LOL

One thing I am not afraid of in life is speaking my mind. That often does not sit will with everyone that hears it. LOL Such is life.

I can promise you that you'll never read any interesting articles by me. I don't write articles.

You can sure believe that I am jealious (jealous) of N. Carolins (North Carolinians). Hey wait...I am a North Carolinian. I'm jealous of myself. Cool. LOL

I seriously don't think anyone that would have been offended by my post understood what I was saying...and I'm tired of explaining it. LOL

Lordy gracious. Bless your heart.
Pit Boss
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07 11 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...one last time...

The sauce in the OP is a mustard sauce and referred to as Carolina Style.

Mustard sauce is centered in South Carolina. That is the only reason I make the point that it should be referred to as SC Style.

Is that so hard to understand? I put it here in 2nd grade simplicity.
Pig Pickin Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07 11 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you are so proud of N.C. why are you in S.C.? Is the bridge closed and you can't get off?

You don't get the either. I don't think that the post was not an ad for business. They were just stating facts as so many do on here. They just have so many usernames they post for themselves to get publicly.

I see why with a negative attitude as you have not many folks like what you say. But I'm sure that allot of companies or people have better things to do that be an ass----.

I'm new here but I will take on a pissing contest faster than you can blink your eyes. Up here in the Hills I have nothing better to do but Smoke Hogs drink great cool pure creek water and get into a pissing contest.

As for being The BBQ God of this forum, I don't think SO.

Your own quote;
"I can promise you that you'll never read any interesting articles by me"

This is as true as it gets!

Regards,
Your worst Nightmare.
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07 11 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pig Pickin Man wrote:
As for being The BBQ God of this forum, I don't think SO.

I don't think so either.

But that just means both sides of this pissing contest should tuck their prizes away and zip it!

Knock it off or take a holiday, choose one or the other!

I work here!
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07 11 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the sticky at the top of this section you will see that I at least have the decency, gracy and knowledge of regional BBQ to name my recipe correctly. Cool

But I got to call ya Pit Boss on one thing... I am pretty darn sure there has to be some one in the big ole state of NC has tried my sauce recipe and liked it.. I would guess they have to make it under the cover of dark and apply it to their BBQ behind closed and locked doors for fear of being run out of town or worse.. Wink Laughing
ProBBQ Excel 20
2 50's waiting conversion
LIAR #100
k.a.m.
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07 11 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pig Pickin Man wrote:
You don't get the either. I don't think that the post was not an ad for business. They were just stating facts as so many do on here. They just have so many usernames they post for themselves to get publicly.

Hmmmm. I do not think this is accurate as SoEzzy spots Alts very quickly and deals with it. Wink

Reverse Flow
Hybrid Cooker
Pit Boss
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07 11 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roxy wrote:
If you look at the sticky at the top of this section you will see that I at least have the decency, gracy and knowledge of regional BBQ to name my recipe correctly. Cool

But I got to call ya Pit Boss on one thing... I am pretty darn sure there has to be some one in the big ole state of NC has tried my sauce recipe and liked it.. I would guess they have to make it under the cover of dark and apply it to their BBQ behind closed and locked doors for fear of being run out of town or worse.. Wink Laughing

You're right, Roxy! I'm guilty too! I do like your recipe alot...and I do mean a WHOLE lot. It is much better than anything I've had in this area. And you're right, you named your sauce appropriately...but that's all I want to say as not to make the bear too mad (except to say I never claimed to be a god of any kind...not sure why I would be given that honorary title)
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07 11 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pit Boss wrote:
but that's all I want to say as not to make the bear too mad (except to say I never claimed to be a god of any kind...not sure why I would be given that honorary title)

I didn't give you the title either! Anyone else claiming it needs to prove their powers! Anyone not able to prove their powers may be struck by lightening!

I work here!
Pit Boss
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07 11 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
Pig Pickin Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07 11 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this over a description of a bbq sauce. The sauce is NOT named “Carolina Style”. If you look at the website (oh that’s right I can’t mention the name Old Timer BBQ Rubs as other people do on here) you will see what the name is, it’s just called BBQ Sauce. And if you took the time to read their history you will see they have lived in N.C., S.C. and Georgia. How many bbq sauces that are called “Carolina”, plenty.

These are quote’s from people at the event, we have removed their names;

Of 143 bottled sauces entered, today's winner was Old Timer Gourmet BBQ Sauce (Frisco, TX), sauce #115. 14 hours ago

so awesome that a carolina style BBQ sauce won at @GettinSauced It was sooo perfectly balanced. Tang stopped, sweet started, then spice

@GettinSauced seriously? We've been looking for a good Carolina style sauce for pork and there was one in our own backyard? Gonna hit 'em up

I have used their sauce for years and hope you at least try it before you make a comment. My customer’s seem to like, but every area has their own taste and opinion on what a sauce should be.

This is my opinion on the subject and quote’s from the Internet and not a commercial advertisement for any brand.

Have Great Day.
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08 11 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pig Pickin Man wrote:
All this over a description of a bbq sauce. The sauce is NOT named “Carolina Style”. If you look at the website (oh that’s right I can’t mention the name Old Timer BBQ Rubs as other people do on here) you will see what the name is, it’s just called BBQ Sauce. And if you took the time to read their history you will see they have lived in N.C., S.C. and Georgia. How many bbq sauces that are called “Carolina”, plenty.

These are quote’s from people at the event, we have removed their names;

Of 143 bottled sauces entered, today's winner was Old Timer Gourmet BBQ Sauce (Frisco, TX), sauce #115.
14 hours ago

so awesome that a carolina style BBQ sauce won at @GettinSauced It was sooo perfectly balanced. Tang stopped, sweet started, then spice

@GettinSauced seriously? We've been looking for a good Carolina style sauce for pork and there was one in our own backyard? Gonna hit 'em up

I have used their sauce for years and hope you at least try it before you make a comment. My customer’s seem to like, but every area has their own taste and opinion on what a sauce should be.

This is my opinion on the subject and quote’s from the Internet and not a commercial advertisement for any brand.

Have Great Day.

Dude.. you still dont get it. there are three distinct sauces for BBQ in the "Carolina's" Lexington or Piedmont (shoulders) sauce used in the west of NC, the spicy vinegar sauce (whole hog) used used in the east of NC and the mustard vinegar sauce (butts) used in part of SC.. That makes at least 3 sauces from the Carolina's and to call or label the sauce as "Carolina" and not be clear as to which kind it is shows either an ignorance or a lack of respect for the tradition that spans over 300 years in this region of BBQ.

Their web site states that they love "Carolina style BBQ" which has as many different styles of cooking as you can imagine and sauces to match.. each region within the "Carolina's" has its own style of cooking BBQ so there is no real "Carolina BBQ" as stated. Short of cooking over coals rather than wood.

They are simply using the name "Carolina style" to cash in on their marketing.

Quote "Winner in Class and overall Bottled BBQ Sauce at the Man Up Annual GettinSauced Event Austin Texas August 27th, 2011! We love Carolina Style Barbeque! Whether it is for roasting a whole hog, a pork shoulder, bbq ribs,chicken, a ham or a brisket, Our Gourmet barbecue sauce recipe "tickles your fancy" and you will discover just why this 400 year old tradition is alive and kickin’! ... "

Now go and cash your pay cheque from Old timer rubs. And after that maybe get yourself some education about BBQ, the regions styles etc etc before you go off like you know something....
ProBBQ Excel 20
2 50's waiting conversion
LIAR #100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: