FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beef Round Steak

View previous topic :: View next topic  
u63405
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05 10 4:45 am    Post subject: Beef Round Steak Reply with quote

was at the local grocery store (dominick's) and found a 5lb beef round steak for dirt cheap. I first thought it was like a chuck steak but not as fatty. I'd like to smoke it. Any ideas?
u63405
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05 10 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy just ordered me some of that Championship Barbecue Rub! maybe i'll try some on this round steak and smoke it like a beef chuck cut.
doubleh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01 11 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did it turn out? i've never found anything good to do with round steak except jerky and Texas fried.
orlando steakhouse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25 11 1:52 am    Post subject: Steak Reply with quote

I wish I had that grocery store by me. Have you found any other places that offer the same deal on the steak? That sounds amazing and much cheaper than going out to a Spammer!
u63405
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15 11 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Steak Reply with quote

orlando steakhouse wrote:
I wish I had that grocery store by me. Have you found any other places that offer the same deal on the steak? That sounds amazing and much cheaper than going out to a Spammer!

what's a spammer? the store is located in the south loop in chicago on roosevelt & canal. haven't been there since the last time. haven't found other stores with comparable prices on meat. seems like they have meat deals all the time. time for me to check em out again!!
u63405
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15 11 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doubleh wrote:
how did it turn out? i've never found anything good to do with round steak except jerky and Texas fried.

what's texas fried? the meat came out pretty darn good. followed the cooking instruction for a chuch roast. pulled like pp. Excellent.
Dr Obvious
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15 11 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doubleh wrote:

Round is usually my first preference for braised steak. It's great in stew, chili, or slow cooked in gravy and served over rice.
1MoreFord
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16 11 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Obvious wrote:
doubleh wrote:

Round is usually my first preference for braised steak. It's great in stew, chili, or slow cooked in gravy and served over rice.

+1

Makes a nice Swiss steak too and a great Chicken Fried Steak after a run thru a cuber.
Soapm
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16 11 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Obvious wrote:
doubleh wrote:

Grinds nicely also...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Beef Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: