FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yard sale adventures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkolantern

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31 11 10:43 am    Post subject: Yard sale adventures Reply with quote

So I had my Dad swing by a yard sale that was advertising lots of random stuff since he was in the area to see if there was anything that I might be interested in. He called me and said there was a nice looking Weber cover there for sale. I told him I could use one for my kettle, so to see what the guy wanted for it.

He said $15 bucks. Wouldn't even haggle over it. Covers probably only worth what, $20 or $25 new?

To top it off, the Son of a B insisted that if my Dad wanted it, he had to take the Weber Smokey Mountain that was inside with it. Smile

So I have a new smoker. For $15. And Dad (who is strictly a gas griller) is getting a pork shoulder at a cookout for him tomorrow.

It's the older style, with the wood handle, and apparently somebody didn't know too much about them because it looks like they used the water pan as a charcoal tray. The pan was all warped and had a small hole in it. Top grate was in ok used condition, middle grate was like new, outside in pretty nice shape. The door doesn't fit all that well (I'll be reading the virtual weber board-I'm sure there's a fix for that), and I had to WD-40 the bottom vents a bit, but to my relatively untrained eye, it looks pretty darned good.

Pics tomorrow. I want to prove it really happened.
MGeslock
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31 11 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe the nerve of some people!! They make you haul off their "junk"....

Congrats on the score! Make sure that there are photos of the cover.
Oregon smoker
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31 11 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You over paid for the cover... Shocked

I guess the reward was what was under it.
Did your dad have a hell of time trying to fold the cover up? Shocked
#3 LIAR
Mr Tony's BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31 11 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid $15 for an old Webber just for the parts for my UDCS....NICE FIND!!
Being Blessed with income from my passion!
WWW.MRTONYSBBQ.COM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: