FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sausage
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimH
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16 05 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Parson, I'm going to give that one a try. Cool
Parson Snows

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16 05 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Keep us informed Reply with quote

JimH wrote
Quote:
I'm going to give that one a try

Please let us/me know how you got on and if you have any suggestions etc. for improvements

kind regards

Parson Snows
And food enough for five... Amen
Steve-O
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16 05 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone make breakfast links without the casings? I'm not sure the casing adds a whole lot to the breakfast sausage.
Ken D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20 05 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hio, Steve....Yes. Many folks like to pattie off the meat, but that's a pain to try and get them the same thickness. I'm finding it easier to make skinless sausages, and then simply cut to length.
These days, tho, we just make long links about 20 inches long, and then cut to fit the appetite. They make great franks this way, too !
I've located a CAD source of hog casings that work out to about 10.00 USD a hundred pounds. Plus stamps. And that aint bad. They are shorts, about 1-3 yards adding up to the 100 pounds..... really easy to deal with using manual stuffer. The "good stuff" there too, the 40 footers etc, for about 20.00 US for 100 pounds.
Website posted here on request, if not breaking house rules by posting.
Can send e-mail if that's better.
BigPhil32
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28 10 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken D wrote:
Hio, Steve....Yes. Many folks like to pattie off the meat, but that's a pain to try and get them the same thickness. I'm finding it easier to make skinless sausages, and then simply cut to length.
These days, tho, we just make long links about 20 inches long, and then cut to fit the appetite. They make great franks this way, too !
I've located a CAD source of hog casings that work out to about 10.00 USD a hundred pounds. Plus stamps. And that aint bad. They are shorts, about 1-3 yards adding up to the 100 pounds..... really easy to deal with using manual stuffer. The "good stuff" there too, the 40 footers etc, for about 20.00 US for 100 pounds.
Website posted here on request, if not breaking house rules by posting.
Can send e-mail if that's better.

Please post the website address or send me a PM as I am very interested and just started making sausage last week...thanks in advance!!!
Smoking since November of 2009...
Huey
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03 10 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Huey and I made four pounds of breakfast sausage tonight. First time for us. Used her Kitchen Aid mixer with the grinder attachment and a half pork butt (along with a pound of fat back...we may skip this next time, or at least reduce it.)

Fried up a test patty. That is good stuff! I forgot to add some cayenne pepper, but the wife probably appreciates that.

Can't wait to make a breakfast fattie for the weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Sausage Making All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: