FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memorial Day Weekend at the Ranch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griffin
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01 11 12:37 am    Post subject: Memorial Day Weekend at the Ranch Reply with quote

Went down to the ranch Thursday for a long weekend of bbq, booze and guns.

This was my set up. Up front was my old Brinkman offset that is now living a retired life at the ranch since I got my BGE. In the background you see the firepit for direct grilling.

Started off Friday with some baby back ribs rubbed down with Dizzy Dust Coarse Blend

Five hours later, done

Next up some chicken fajiatas and Guy Fieri's new bloody mary flank steak

Those were served up with some mexican rice and a big ole pot of pinto beans.

Saturday was brisket. This was a 5.5 whole packer that came from our local Farmer's Market. All grass fed and slaughtered young. Great for a quick low and slow. Same rub as ribs.

Was done in 7-8 hours. Can't member exactly. Was served up with salad, mexican rice and sausage.

Sunday was 10 lbs of leg quarters, corn on the cob, sausage and abts. Somehow pictures were never taken. I blame it on the al-key-hall and guns.

Had a really great time adn the food was great, if I do say so myself.
aks801
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01 11 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that all looks great! Sure do like seeing that open pit grill. You sure got some good bark going on them ribs and briskie.
- Pete Townshend

Weber Kettle
ECB w/ mods
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: