FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enhanced pork shoulder and spare ribs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slow&low
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01 11 2:29 am    Post subject: Enhanced pork shoulder and spare ribs Reply with quote

Ok so no pictures as I was really busy and my official photographer was too busy playing with her friends , shoulder (12 pounds) was smoked naked on the UDS for about 14 hours, baby back also naked for about 4 hours, spare for 5 hours, we had 8 adults and 4 1/2 kids shoulder went really quick 30 minutes in the pool party there was nothing left.... I got to taste it and smokiness and bark was just perfect I was afraid it would be to salty but in fact it wasn't not sure if the skin protected it from the liquids or what.
Spare Ribs were a bit different 3 out of six were just perfectly cooked my daughter said: Dad best ribs ever !!! brought 2 back home and reheated them at night and man o man salty like you wouldn't believe..... (again cooked naked no rub no nothing) same deal with the BB just too salty for my taste.... I'm a bit puzzled wondering if the three salty ribs were older and maybe absorbed too much of the enhanced liquid.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: