FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lobster
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Seafood Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wooddog22

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27 08 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I've been working out these recipes for lobster for decades now and the best is the following.
Clean the lobster by inserting a antennae into the anus and removing the digestive tract(pulling out the pooper).
Next cut right down the center of the tail only thru the meat and not the shell and insert butter and garlic into the slice. next wrap in tinfoil leaving a pocket above the meat and place on the grill for approx 8-10 minutes.This will produce exceptional lobster and surly impress all you buddies at your next BBQ.
IamMarsh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16 09 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on grilling the bugs (can be done on a smoker too).

Thaw bug tail in cold water.

Make a Spanish dipping sauce, butter, zest of a lemon and the juice too, fresh black pepper, garlic, parsley, tobasco, all to taste.

Remove the bottom membrane, pull out the meat, slice in half and remove mud vein.

Place the meat back in the tail and put it in a foil pan. Add A LITTLE of the dipping sauce to the lobster.

Place on grill with big end of the lobster towards the fire. When the tail starts to curl, it is done.

Made some on the smoker too.

[/img]
Soapm
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22 10 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my method from Alton on Food TV.

I split the tails, load them with butter and season salt then broil them in the oven with the door cracked open. I love broiled lobster much better than boiled but we all have different taste buds...
Saltbaked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27 11 6:08 am    Post subject: Cedar Plank Lobster Reply with quote

I have smoked lobsters a few times by going with higher heat and pre-soaked cedar planks. They are delicious this way and not rubbery if you don't overcook them...nice smokey flavor to the meat

1. soak cedar planks submerged in H2O for about 1 hr until saturated
2. some recommend boiling the lobster 3-4 minutes to firm up the meat prior to splitting lengthwise (i've found this step unnecessary)
3. get charcoal going with grill temp about 350
4. place cedar plank on grill until it starts to smolder/smoke
5. place lobsters on meat side up and baste with your favorite flavor ( i use a mixture of purified butter, fresh lime juice, and cilantro)
6. about 10 minutes is enough

I'll try to post a pic later if I can find one

S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Seafood Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: