FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Juicy Lucy...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
huskerfan1200

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28 11 9:37 am    Post subject: Juicy Lucy... Reply with quote

Tried these again tonight for the family. Turned out pretty well, but I did cook them just a bit too long for my taste. I don't just use a slice of cheese for the middle...

Cheese mixture:
    Gorgonzola chunks
    Shredded Parmesan
    Shredded Mozzarella
    Cream Cheese (onion and chive)
    Clove of chopped garlic
    Fresh/chopped chives
    Salt and pepper
    Dash of EVOO

Combined all the ingredients in a bowl and mixed with a fork.

I used 4# of beef, added some worchestshire , made the patties (not thin enough as it turned out), placed a 'disc' of the cheese mixture, pinched the patties together and grilled.

If I would have made the patties just a bit thinner, I could have taken them off before the 'explosion of cheese' happened.

They were still very good and I like the cheese mixture for these. Next time I'll try to get them off the grill a bit sooner.

Raine
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28 11 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We judged an anything butt one time where we had a very similar dish.

Yours look much better than the entry we judged, it was dry Yours does look juicy.
Buckru
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29 11 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw these mad on America's test kitchen or Cooks Illustrated and they had a fix for cheese busting out of the burger. I tried to type out how it worked but I couldn't make it clear enough even for me to comprehend and I saw the darn show.

Buck
uhmgood
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22 12 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that most of the time people use too much meat and the burger is just to thick, but certainly the real trick is to ABSOLUTELY seal the burgers together. don't put the cheese too close to the edge , your better off making a little pile in the center and then you have enough meat to seal it properly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Beef Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: