FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking to rent a Trailer Smoker in Seattle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zacsteady

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30 11 4:39 am    Post subject: Looking to rent a Trailer Smoker in Seattle Reply with quote

I am doing a large outdoor BBQ in Seattle the last weekend of May and I am looking to rent a trialer smoker for that weekend. I have 4 WSM but I would rather not have to worry about set up and so forth. If anyone has suggestions or has an actual smoker I could rent it would be greatly appreciated.
JJ PIT custom 108
Hell Fire Grill
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30 11 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure of how many people youll find willing to rent their rig, although its not imposible.

The best resource I can refer you to in your area is the PNWBA. Someone there might be able to connect you with a cooker in Seattle.

http://www.pnwba.com/

In any case I know there are a bunch of pyromaniacs here that would love to see and hear about your adventures with your WSMs, myself included.

Welcome to TSR.
animal
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30 11 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but how can you rent or borrow a cooker for a event, each one has a personality and a learning curve.each make and model is different. it isn't like renting a car
Smoke Hollow #5
Lang 48 D
Acorn Komado
And a couple of Weber kettles
zacsteady

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30 11 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used lots of cookers in my time... From just a regular grill to smoke with to a homemade smoker out of bricks to a WSM to a trailer smoker. And yes you are right to the extent that knowing your equipment will yeild the best results it is not hard to maintain temp on any smoker as long as you know how to use one. The biggest thing is when you don't know exactly how it works you spend more time adjusting rather then just setting and letting it go. But its not impossible or even that difficult just more time consuming.

I am not looking to borrow from anyone just looking to rent or be pointed in the right direction. I know on craigslist you can find rentals but most of them are a few hours away from seattle. Was just looking to see if anyone had one in seattle they would rent.
JJ PIT custom 108
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30 11 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this LINK!

I still work here!
Geronimo
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30 11 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll rent mine for $175 per hour and I go with it...not to work it but just to make sure it is taken care of properly. Wink Wink Shocked Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: