FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roxy's Saturday night special BBQ Sauce
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBQ_Noob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21 09 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think the sauce is great from the start of this thread as is. Just finished a Butt off my Treagar earlier, pulled and mixed the single batch of sauce in the bowl w/ the shreaded meat so they can mingle in the fridge. Now I'm not a big vinegar fan, mostly a red sauce kinda guy, but to me this marries both aspects of sauces. There's a lot of room to tweak it to your liking, it's not too spicy, yet if you need to just double or triple the cayanne powder. Once you get it in the saucepan and taste the base, then modify to your liking.

I was looking @ the ingredient listing and was like "Wow". Once you start putting them all together in the saucepan and taste the final product you begin to taste all the flavors. Most red sauces are a bit overwhelming that you purchase from the store, and some online darn near burn your mouth with heat, this one is pretty subtle.

This recipe is one of my favorites so far on here.
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21 09 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBQ_Noob wrote:
Personally, I think the sauce is great from the start of this thread as is. Just finished a Butt off my Treagar earlier, pulled and mixed the single batch of sauce in the bowl w/ the shreaded meat so they can mingle in the fridge. Now I'm not a big vinegar fan, mostly a red sauce kinda guy, but to me this marries both aspects of sauces. There's a lot of room to tweak it to your liking, it's not too spicy, yet if you need to just double or triple the cayanne powder. Once you get it in the saucepan and taste the base, then modify to your liking.

I was looking @ the ingredient listing and was like "Wow". Once you start putting them all together in the saucepan and taste the final product you begin to taste all the flavors. Most red sauces are a bit overwhelming that you purchase from the store, and some online darn near burn your mouth with heat, this one is pretty subtle.

This recipe is one of my favorites so far on here.

Glad you like the recipe..

Personally, I don't like a BBQ sauce that is to hot. I find that when a sauce is to hot it over powers my sense of taste. Its O.K. on chicken wings but not on something I spend the better part of a day cooking.
LIAR #100
missionsusmc
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29 09 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Great!!! I made a batch earlier tonight, and it's great. Going to be going on some pulled pork this weekend. I'm cooking 2 pic-a-nics for my son's bday party on Saturday. I kept the recipe mostly to your specs except for the slotts honey mustard (don't have that brand around here...used Ken's Steakhouse brand), and I used corn syrup instead of cane syrup. Both me and my wife love this stuff. I don't know how you do it, Roxy, but you've done it again. This is good enough to be bottled. And you're nice enough to give us ringers the original recipe before it goes to the bottler. Laughing

Thanks..this is great!

Mary had a little lamb, a little brisket, a little ribs, and boy she was full!!!
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29 09 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

missionsusmc wrote:
This is Great!!! I made a batch earlier tonight, and it's great. Going to be going on some pulled pork this weekend. I'm cooking 2 pic-a-nics for my son's bday party on Saturday. I kept the recipe mostly to your specs except for the slotts honey mustard (don't have that brand around here...used Ken's Steakhouse brand), and I used corn syrup instead of cane syrup. Both me and my wife love this stuff. I don't know how you do it, Roxy, but you've done it again. This is good enough to be bottled. And you're nice enough to give us ringers the original recipe before it goes to the bottler. Laughing

Thanks..this is great!

Glad you liked the sauce..

Slotts is a European mustard that is a little different and just excellent with ham. I think with the cooking and all the other ingredients it shouldn't make too much of a difference what brand you use.
LIAR #100
Jonesy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25 10 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this sauce calls for cane syrup...............what exactly is that? Is that Karo corn syrup, or something similar? Thanks for any help. Really want to make this tonight, for tomorrows ribs.
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25 10 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonesy wrote:
I see this sauce calls for cane syrup...............what exactly is that? Is that Karo corn syrup, or something similar? Thanks for any help. Really want to make this tonight, for tomorrows ribs.

It is made from sugar cane instead of corn and you can use it in place of the cane. It tastes a little different but not that much..

Good luck with the ribs Jonesey.
LIAR #100
Jonesy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26 10 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roxy wrote:
Jonesy wrote:

It is made from sugar cane instead of corn and you can use it in place of the cane. It tastes a little different but not that much..

Good luck with the ribs Jonesey.

Thanks Roxy, appreciate it! I'll let you know how it comes out! Cant wait, sounds great!
Jonesy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26 10 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sauce is some of the best Ive had, hands down! A "HUGE" thank you to Roxy on posting this! You are one mad scientist! Now, if I can only get my ribs to fall off the bone.............
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26 10 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonesy wrote:
This sauce is some of the best Ive had, hands down! A "HUGE" thank you to Roxy on posting this! You are one mad scientist! Now, if I can only get my ribs to fall off the bone.............

Jonesy.. hope you never get your ribs to fall off the bone as that would be over cooked.. And that aint a good thing..!!

Glad you had success with the sauce recipe..!!
LIAR #100
woody350ep
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14 10 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let it be known that the 4 people that have had this sauce (I just used it the first time yesterday) have loved it. It's going in my box for regular usage. Thanks Roxy. This and your mustard sauce are both winners in my book...
jwrussell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02 11 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick THANK YOU! I tried the sauce out last weekend and it was a hit. Even the wife liked it.
miketurner1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02 11 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Roxy can I substitute Evan Williams fer the Jack..Jack just shouldnt be mixed with anything other than ice!
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10 11 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means us the EW if you desire.. There is not that much in the recipe.
LIAR #100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: