FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time to get started on my first R/F smoker updated 5/9/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
icecoldkicks
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27 11 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beer Can BBQ wrote:
Thanks Trailer Builder it is working great I just wish I would have had it completed for the cook-off, Paint and all would have made it look a lot nicer.

Thanks, Ice Cold Kicks, ya the trailer is big but when I get all of the stuff on it I am planning I will fill up quick. As for the Moink Balls I had seen them on the ring several times and never had time to do them so I thought I would give them a try and they turned out great. Here is how I made them.

2# 83/27 ground Beef mixed with one pack of Italian sausage brought worst removed from casing. Seasoned with some BBQ rub that I use on my ribs and a few grinds of roasted garlic sea salt, stuffed with pepper jack Cheese cubes and wrapped in bacon and smoked for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Depending on how you like your bacon.

Moink Balls, Ive never seen them here on thering or any where else! sounds good! im gonna look um up, thanks for the recipe!!!

Slow & Low, That is the Tempo!!
OmahaRed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27 11 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like to see some finshed pics if you have them. Looks like an awesome build. Close-ups of the beercan handles would be awesome as well.

keep it up
Weber Smokey Joe w/micro WSM build
Big ugly Oil Drum(s)
Blazer
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27 11 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would we have done without propane tanks and can beer? I love it! Good looking cooks.
Beer Can BBQ
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28 11 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OmahaRed, thanks for the comments i am trying to get back to work on it soon i have just been enjoying cooking on it so much i have not had time to get it painted yet. I will try and get some pictures of the beer can handles soon and post them.

Blazer, Thanks, you are right were would we be with out tanks and beer. I know that i would not have been able to get this beast built.
Beer Can BBQ
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 10 12 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i Finally had a little time to paint my smoker and get the handles put back on with new cans. Here are a few pictures of the smoker with paint and on of the handles. Now i just have to get the inside washed out after sand blasting and get it seasoned dont fill like cooking with a bunch of sand on the inside. Next is to build a rack for the wood.

OmahaRed the only down side to the handles is the wood on the inside changes with temp and it split the cans but i think that winter played some part in that and were i have them butted up togther i need to find something to go over the edges they can be a little sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: