FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stoker Fan Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BamaSmokin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 11 9:41 am    Post subject: Stoker Fan Question Reply with quote

Hey guys I finally bit the bullet and ordered me a Stoker with a 25cfm fan and one pit probe. Should be here in 2-3 weeks. I've gotta figure out how I'm going to mount my fan. If I did it right their should be a photo attached so you can see what I'm taking about.
I want to have it so that I can easily remove the fan/mount for cooks that I'm not going to be able to use the Stoker on such as camping etc. And i do not want to have to make any changes to my original intakes. My plan is to make a plate that will take place of the ash door when it's open,and have the fan mounted to it. I hope this makes sense. I want to make the plate so its removable so that I can still take advantage of the ash removal opening. I have some ideas in mind for that. Do you guys think this will be too low on my fire box? I wasn't for sure if I would be blowing to much of the burnt ash with it being so low.
Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
James

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/Camaro4LifeSS/Goodtimes012.jpg
day_trippr
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 11 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this:

- find a metal pie pan that is the same diameter as your air intake damper.
- Open the damper all the way, then attach the pie plate to the door using two toggle bolts through matching holes in the pan and with the toggles passed through the damper and door.
- Cut the proper size hole for your fan and attach it to the pie pan.
- The whole thing can then be slapped on and tightened down in seconds and removed just as quickly, and the air flow will be exactly where it always has been...

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: