FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diamond Plate Pits/Products
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grills Gone Wild
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15 14 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Travis still up and running? His website shows some old information about last summer and his last post was back in Sept. 13. A couple of emails have gone unanswered so I was curious.
Garry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18 14 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't know if he is still in business or not. We ran his ad for 6 months and he never paid even though he kept promising to pay "after getting payment for a couple of smokers". He doesn't answer our inquiries. I wouldn't recommend sending him any money in advance for a smoker.
Gatortoe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28 14 9:28 am    Post subject: Paid deposit in 11/2013 Reply with quote

Stiffed me for 1K.
cayenneman
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28 14 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to hear that Gatortoe but am not surprised. It's a shame too cuz I thought the BBQ community was mostly straight up good people. I guess a few bad ones get through.
Grills Gone Wild
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07 14 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to hear that Gator. Last January I was talking to him about partnering up to get him set up in Dallas since I really like the design of his smoker. We had talked a few times and then my grandfather passed away. I told him that I was going to be out of town for a few days. When I get back and said that I was ready to get things set up he said he went a different direction and partnered up with someone else. Guess God had my back on that one.
ledbera1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01 14 1:19 am    Post subject: Stiffed 2K Here!!! Reply with quote

Stiffed 2k here. Was going to sell his pits here in Mobile, AL. I have had a DPP 50 for almost 10 years and love it. Ordered a fat 70 and was trying to determine what my other unit was going to be. I was extreley excited and couldn't wait to get my units. Paid him 2K deposit back in October of last year and now he isn't anywhere to be found, EXCEPT STILL SELLING DPP ON E-BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BBQCZAR
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07 14 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what floors me,he is on E-bay selling pits,someone needs to find where he is and have a not-so-nice talk with him,WTF is Travis's problem ??? Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Grills Gone Wild
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11 14 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like he is back up in Aubrey (Denton area). Shouldn't be too hard to find if you start looking there.
bradp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21 14 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a FAT 40 from him December 15, 2013. I tried to follow up with him with a few questions after the purchase, but he fell off of the map immediately following the sale. He had a shop in Trenton, TX. Phone calls and texts were undeliverable and his website shut down.

At least I got what I paid for. He seemed like a real stand up guy when I was dealing with him. Sorry to those who lost out on money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: