FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacon Sandwich

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cured Meat Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmh1762

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05 11 3:28 am    Post subject: Bacon Sandwich Reply with quote

Here is somthing I made one day. My Husband loved it! I made the bacon criss cross in the oven, Filled it with cooked hamburger, onions, lettuce, tomatos & cheese. Put it in the oven till the cheese melted. Pretty yummy. Have a safe day!

Jeanny

jmh1762

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05 11 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not believe the price of bacon! It seems like it went up a few bucks since last year!
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05 11 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make your own then, it's what drives be to do it on a regular basis! Wink

Check your local butchers or even Chinese supermarket for pork belly's.

I still work here!
GF
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05 11 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmh1762, looks good, I hope you husband has the cholesterol checked now and then. Wink
I agree with SoEzzy on making your own bacon. Once you try it you will never want the store bought again.
There is plenty of how to info here and I get my pork bellies at a small spanish market in town.Give it a try sometime.
jmh1762

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06 11 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Yes, a good amount of bacon was used. I make it maybe once or twice a year. I was reading about making bacon here. Great idea. The only thing is I am afraid that it may go bad. Did that ever happend to you guy's? I will be carefull if I try. It sound like a great idea! Thanks!
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06 11 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it vacuum pack smaller packages, and freeze it.

I don't like it in the fridge longer than 3 weeks or so, the last load I made was 44 lbs, shared with my BBQ team mate, I think I got the lions share at 23lbs to 21lbs, but he was happy as he did the distributing himself!

Se what I tend to do is cure it, smoke it, chill it, (over night in the fridge), then freeze for 30 - 40 minutes the next morning, then slice it on the electric slicer.

Package enough for a couple of days or meals into baggies, then packages multiple baggies into the Food Saver bag, then stick the packs in the freezer.

All the work being done that way, if you want bacon for breakfast I take a pack out of the freezer when I get home from work, slice it open, extract a single baggie, reseal the food saver bag and drop it right back into the freezer, the baggie that came out, goes into the fridge overnight, and is good to go into the pan the next morning.

I still work here!
jmh1762

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06 11 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great ideas! And I do have a foodsaver!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cured Meat Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: