FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cooper's Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que, Llano, Texas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bama6977

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01 10 9:43 am    Post subject: Cooper's Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que, Llano, Texas Reply with quote

Did I just imagine this place was great or do others think the same?? When I walked up to the pit and guy asked what you want...Damn...wanted some of all. Now I'm just learning brisket but not sure it can get better. Instruct me in better place??
Greg_R
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06 10 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a reason there have not been many replies back to your post... it's definitely one of the best places out there. Other places within a days drive of Austin TX that are often touted as "the best" are listed below (these are places that I've eaten and found to live up to their reputations):

- Salt Lick (Driftwood)
- Louie Mueller's (Taylor)
- Blacks, Kreutz market, Smitty's (Lockhart)
- Meyers, Southside market (Elgin)

not often touted:
- Rudy's BBQ. This is a chain but the one that I've visited in Austin was very tasty (I got the moist brisket).
mgwerks
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07 10 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just ate there again last week - even more excellent than usual. I have always felt that the brisket there was not up to the level of the rest of the meats, but OMG - the sirloin and Big Chop just give me the chills thinking about how good they are!
bluedogok
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11 10 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do rides out to Cooper's (and the other places listed in this thread) quite regularly. I typically don't eat much pork but the pork chops there are great.
texaggie2007

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14 10 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Coopers and Snows are probably the best in the state; still need to try louie mullers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: