FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hot open faced chicken sandwich

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Leftover Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Smoker
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12 10 5:30 am    Post subject: Hot open faced chicken sandwich Reply with quote

First off I must appologize for no pics of this,but do to the lack of chicken I only had enough to make one small batch and because it turned out pretty good I will photo document the next time. On to the recipe.

I had smoked two chickens and some baby backs for the 5th of July,no left over ribs but plenty of chicken. since I was tired of plain chicken sammies I had to try something different so here is what I did.
First I shredded the chicken and put it in a medium skillet, then poured chicken stock over it to float the meat and brought to a low boil. To this I added some black pepper,granulated garlic and onion powder plus 1 Knorrs chicken boulion cube ( the whole cube was to much,made it a little salty) Then I added some corn starch.I didn't use a measuring spoon just a regular tea spoon heaping mixed with a little stock. This made a pretty good gravy with the chicken. It would have been so much better with mashed potatoes but like I said it was an experiment,so I scooped it over plain white bread. This is a very quick meal idea that is really pretty tasty and definately in the comfort food group. Try it, you'll like it. I really wish I had taken pics..
LIAR #29
------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Leftover Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: