FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vending Space

View previous topic :: View next topic  
4LittlePigs
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01 10 7:17 am    Post subject: Vending Space Reply with quote

Any of you guys have an organizer of an event like a fair give you grief if you had a huge trailer or smoker and took up quite a bit of room? The 4th of July event I will be vending at this weekend is looking like it is going to be huge. Great weather predicted, other close towns are having their events on Saturday night and ours is on Sunday night so it is going to be packed. I am not going to have the smoker space for all the food I am planning without hauling my big trailer smoker up there. Initially they said we could have an 8x16 area. My trailer is bigger than that! I'm going to call the organizer, a friend of ours, and see if that might be a problem. What do you guys think? I also might see if I can pay a little extra for extra space.
tarrbq
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01 10 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to buy 2 spaces for my event this 4th. My first time doing it so we will see what happens, take pics, and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!! How are you going about deciding how much to cook?
4LittlePigs
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01 10 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMB! Shocked I am flipping out this week trying to decide how much to cook. I finally decided. Luckily I have the restaurant to sell any leftovers. I've just got to make sure everything is held properly so I can use it. The wife is going to take some pics so I can post them. I'm still working on the trailer. It's coming along nicely.
daddywoofdawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01 10 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to buy two spaces most of the time the tongue on my trailer kicks it over the space of one and my smoker is a space too.
Char grill smoker
Weber kettle
4LittlePigs
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02 10 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Lori today (Director of Tourism and event coordinator) and she said no problem on taking extra space. Very Happy So I am going to take the big dog smoker on the trailer so I can have all my meats on the same smoker for cooking and holding while we serve! I am stoked! Cool Dad got my window installed today so the trailer is almost ready. I just have to get all my equipment in it and situated. My spot is in very close proximity to the music stage as well. We'll see how it goes. Wink I will post pics and update after Sunday.
Jerk Pit Master
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02 10 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing an event this weekend too and trailers are not allowed for the most part. So I'm serving from 2 10x10 tents and they gave me a parking spot for my trailer close by, so I can cart the stuff. Hopefully, I'll have everything cooked and carted over before the crowd is a sardine can.

The weather here isn't looking the greatest for Saturday witha 60% chance of rain. Hopefully, its the typical passing shower.
Louie3
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02 10 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4lil pigs...looking fwd to your pics, good luck at the do..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: