FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rib Advice? want a Bark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swamprooter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03 10 10:44 pm    Post subject: Rib Advice? want a Bark Reply with quote

Going to smoke 6 racks of Spare tomorrow and want a rib with a good crunchy bark. Thinking about 2-2-1 with Roxy's Finishing glaze on top of bark. However i have if i foil will that hurt my bark chances? also with 5 shelfs of ribs stacked on each other (backwoods smoker) will them dripping on each other for first 2 hours hurt my bark chances too? Do i need to foil under each slab in the start or let them drip? any help is greatly appreciated..thanks
Grills Gone Wild
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03 10 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoke the way you are planning but I would suggest when placing the finishing sauce on them take them to the "grill" (gas or hot coals) to finish them off. This will crisp up the skin and the sauce. They only need to be on the fire for about 2 minutes each side to achieve this. Good luck.
swamprooter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04 10 2:58 am    Post subject: ribs Reply with quote

thanks W Orchard....you say grill on both sides? you mean the meat side and bone side? or flip ends around from direct heat or crisp over direct heat like a steak? thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: