FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soaked, Slathered, and Seasoned

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teleking
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25 10 10:27 pm    Post subject: Soaked, Slathered, and Seasoned Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.com/Soaked-Slathered-Seasoned-Complete-Flavoring/dp/0470186488

I just picked this up at my favorite discount store recently and have not tried any recipes as of yet. Those in Maine will know which store that it is Wink

After reading through this seems to be an excellent resource for a lot of interesting mops, marinades, dips, and sauces. There is a cherry soda and Dr. Pepper bbq sauce recipes. It even has a chapter on compound butters.

Cheers

“The Bride of Franken Smoker”
Sarrel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06 10 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: Soaked, Slathered, and Seasoned Reply with quote

Teleking wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Soaked-Slathered-Seasoned-Complete-Flavoring/dp/0470186488

I just picked this up at my favorite discount store recently and have not tried any recipes as of yet. Those in Maine will know which store that it is Wink

After reading through this seems to be an excellent resource for a lot of interesting mops, marinades, dips, and sauces. There is a cherry soda and Dr. Pepper bbq sauce recipes. It even has a chapter on compound butters.

Cheers

Teleking, you're going to love this book. I brought a copy for myself to read while on break at work but I'm having a hard time keeping my sister away from it. She has discovered the joy of brining. Said she will never cook a chicken, turkey for that matter fowl in general with out first brining it. This book has brought some old and many new recipes to me and family to use as a starting point. I could go on and on about this book for its simplicity and depth in how the recipes are laid out along with the short narrative from the authoress about the regional recipes around the country makes this one of the books I would use to just add something new to my grill. But don’t take just my word on it try the recipes for yourself and enjoy.
Sarrel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookbooks All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: