FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weir type of event, but I took it, now HELP!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tarrbq
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17 10 12:40 am    Post subject: Weir type of event, but I took it, now HELP!!!! Reply with quote

...Ok so there is a company doing a high dollar construction equipment sale, and there are 150 people going to be there, about half flying in from all over the place (including out of country). They do these sales all over the country and this one happens to be about 2 hours away from my house. He said he always has someone at the events that sells food and drinks throughout the day. he found it fitting to have BBQ in Texas. Anyhow, I am charged nothing and pay nothing to be the one out there doing it. Everyone that is there will eat at least lunch there and I will be the only means of food or drink. Does this sound good? Also, what would you serve? I am thinking pp sammies or plates, sausage and hotlinks. Maybe brisket and egg burritos for breakfast. and lots of water (July in Texas!). Sorry for the long dissertation! Thanks!
Jerk Pit Master
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17 10 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was contacted to do an auction, but ended up having a conflict and had a friend with a catering van do it. He said it was well worth his while. He said, almost everyone freely purchased and price was not an issue.

I'd expect you'll do at least $1000 in sales.

Your menu sounds fine. I'd have 20 or so salads, bagels/donuts/or muffins and OJ too.
tarrbq
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17 10 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great idea! Thanks!
solanabeacher
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17 10 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd keep it simple, a walk around lunch. PP sammies, brisket sammies, chips, and drinks. Offer "take out" as well in both small and large quantities. May want to do a "meal deal" to for an extra $2-$3 with sammie, chips, and drink.

$1000 gross is my guess.
milt
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17 10 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check to see if there are tables for your customers to sit at. If not I would not serve platters with sides,
just walk around food.
tarrbq
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17 10 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Yes, there will be an air conditioned break room with tables and chairs for the guys. I was also thinking some clam shells for to go type stuff at the end of the day for leftovers (if any)

Keep the good info coming PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Louie3
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17 10 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do well with a Rib dinner too at those types of events, ribs, side of beans, coleslaw and a roll for eg.

Good Luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: