FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Book keeping for vending at fairs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurtsara
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Jun 01 2010    Post subject: Book keeping for vending at fairs Reply with quote

We use Quickbooks I think for our Beauty Shop, will that work for book keeping for vending and fairs and festivals?

I know at the beauty shop when she buys shampoo for example that we resell we enter it in to the quickbooks and then when we sell it we also enter that so we no our inventory, but with vending yo might buy 100 lbs of butts but only yield and sell 50 lbs, your inventory will show the extra 50 lbs.

Is there other programs to do this with?

2 Ole Hickory CTO's
tarrbq
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Jun 01 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

set up the cost per lb of meat and the raw meat weight the same as the yield.

Example: If you pay 1.00 per lb for raw pork shoulder and buy 100 pounds, enter it in quickbooks as 50 pounds at 2.00 per pound. Quickbooks doesn't have a yield anyhow so this should work beautifully
daddywoofdawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Jun 01 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

X2 and code anything you throw away so it doesn't show as inventory.I.E. sell 10lbs,20buns,3lbs of slaw for a penny and call it something so you know.helps with the bookkeeping.and a penny or ten is going to change your financial picture.and then figure out how to make it an expense.I'm not a bookkeeper.
Char grill smoker
Weber kettle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: