FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vending questions...lots of them

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarolinaQueKing

PostPosted: Wed May 26 10 11:40 am    Post subject: Vending questions...lots of them Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I am in the planning and research stage of getting my vending business started and I have a lot of questions. I have already been to HD and just wanted to get some more information from people that are actually doing it. These are my first five of many. Thanks in advance

1. What kind of rig do most of you guys have for your vending?

2. What kind of rig would you suggest?

3. Are mobile kitchens the same as concession trailers (food)?

4. What kind of smokers do you guys use or suggest for vending?

5. How much should I spend on a solid rig?
daddywoofdawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed May 26 10 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Vending questions...lots of them Reply with quote

CarolinaQueKing wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am in the planning and research stage of getting my vending business started and I have a lot of questions. I have already been to HD and just wanted to get some more information from people that are actually doing it. These are my first five of many. Thanks in advance

1. What kind of rig do most of you guys have for your vending? I have a 16' enclosed trailer with a side vending window and a 10' flatbed trailer with a 8' smoker and table with a Ez-up 150 qt 5 day cooler.

2. What kind of rig would you suggest? .My next one will have a porch to place a smoker on.and a rear vending window also and removable tongue.

3. Are mobile kitchens the same as concession trailers (food)?Yes and no concession trailers are set-up to sell and kitchens can sell but they have everything a ruant kitchen would have.

4. What kind of smokers do you guys use or suggest for vending?look for an NSF approved smoker if your going to buy one.set it and forget it is really nice to have.

5. How much should I spend on a solid rig?
you can get lucky and find one for 6-8Grand stripped and 15-30 and up all ready to go.shop for used in the fall and winter for a better deal.
1. What kind of rig do most of you guys have for your vending? I have a 16' enclosed trailer with a side vending window and a 10' flatbed trailer with a 8' smoker and table with a Ez-up 150 qt 5 day cooler.

2. What kind of rig would you suggest? .My next one will have a porch to place a smoker on.and a rear vending window also and removable tongue.

3. Are mobile kitchens the same as concession trailers (food)?Yes and no concession trailers are set-up to sell and kitchens can sell but they have everything a ruant kitchen would have.

4. What kind of smokers do you guys use or suggest for vending?look for an NSF approved smoker if your going to buy one.set it and forget it is really nice to have.

5. How much should I spend on a solid rig?[/quote]you can get lucky and find one for 6-8Grand stripped and 15-30 and up all ready to go.shop for used in the fall and winter for a better deal.
Char grill smoker
Weber kettle

Last edited by daddywoofdawg on Fri May 28 10 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cayman

PostPosted: Fri May 28 10 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a 20' x 8' mobile kitchen with 2 slide windows on one side and 2 slide windows on one end. The main difference between a concession trailer and a mobile kitchen, as Carolina stated, is that a concession trailer usually does not have the equipment for cooking most foods. They can handle a hot dog cooker, sno-kone, etc. and usually have only a hand washing sink. Out kitchen has a grill, stove, oven, 2 fryers, fridge, freezer, hand sink and 3 compartment sink. Ours also has a removable tongue, which I would recommend as well. You can spend what you want, jsut make sure that it either comes with all the equipment you need or that the equipment you need will fit into it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: