FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I researched and researched but........

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckyduk
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Apr 15 2010    Post subject: I researched and researched but........ Reply with quote

I need some ideas from the fellow ringers...I am looking to upgrade my rf offset trailer rig to something bigger....I have outgrown it for small catering and comps. I was looking at Lang, but for the price it looks to me that Stumps offers more sq ft of cooking space than Lang for the money.
My question is anyone have any experiences with the Stumps rf offset pits? I read way to many old posts but I would like some up to date info.
Or would I be better off going with one of their verticals? Too many decisions Confused Confused Confused

BTW I want a trailered rig
bubbysbbq

PostPosted: Apr 15 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have or tried a stumps but I do have a pit by pitmaker and it Is the best I have used . No issues with it and probpably cheaper than a stumps. Check them out at pitmaker.com tell them saul sent you Wink
13Q

luckyduk,

If you look on Stumps Forum under Stump's Smokler, look at the topic titledSomething New. It is a new trailered pit he is making and it looks great. They are also making a weekender trailer with a Stretch model, a fryer, and a grill for like $7500. Don't know your budget but.......you will not beat the quality of a Stump's.
FBA/KCBS Member
camdentom
BBQ Super Fan

This is currently our most popular pit http://lonestarcustompits.com/bubba_t.html
luckyduk
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Apr 16 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

13Q wrote:
luckyduk,

If you look on Stumps Forum under Stump's Smokler, look at the topic titledSomething New. It is a new trailered pit he is making and it looks great. They are also making a weekender trailer with a Stretch model, a fryer, and a grill for like $7500. Don't know your budget but.......you will not beat the quality of a Stump's.

Now that is a nice looking cooker.....I got in contact with Stumps..sw3X5 with vertical warmer and fryer up front......not quite sure if I need the warmer and fryer or not? Plus it was a little more than I was looking to spend.

camdentom wrote:
This is currently our most popular pit http://lonestarcustompits.com/bubba_t.html

Those are some sharp pits.....but I am particular to the reverse flow system....but what type of deals are you offering? Very Happy
camdentom
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Apr 16 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

check your PM
zenbbqmaster

PostPosted: May 25 2010    Post subject: Pitmaker BBQ Vault Trailer Reply with quote

Hello Lucky,

Pitmaker offers one of our BBQ Vaults on a trailer system for $6495. The trailer frame is extremely durable and strong built out of 2" x 3" x3/16" Steel tubing that is reinforced and primer-ed with marine-grade epoxy. We then paint the frame with auto enamel basically any color you want for a very durable finish. This along with a stainless steel table top with lockable storage underneath and the BBQ Vault is included in the price. There are a lot of design options and add-ons after that. We also do the pit in a backyard model.

Here is a link:

http://www.pitmaker.com/vehicle_preowned/vin/?vin=36503237

I noticed you were in Iowa. The BBQ Vault is also extremely functional in cold weather due to its 2" thick high-density insulation on all the sides of the pit. I have a customer in Iowa who sent me pictures of him smoking on his BBQ Vault in Jan in 3 degree weather. He said, it worked great, no problem:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Houston-TX/Pitmaker-LLC/115990681812?v=photos&ref=mf#!/album.php?aid=150747&id=115990681812

Feel free to contact with any questions.
(281) 359-PITS (7487)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: