FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boston Butt Finishing Sauce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paco

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06 06 11:29 pm    Post subject: Boston Butt Finishing Sauce Reply with quote

I've been trying to perfect my boston butt over the last 5 years. I've been to several East Carolina Style Restaurants and that is my goal. FOr the first 4 years, I could never get it right because while my meat had the smoke taste, it didn't have the spice taste that I get in a restaurant. Then last summer I found Bubba Toms REcipe and he calls for a finishing sauce after pulling. This gave me the taste I was looking for, but is a little too salty for the family.

Is this standard procedue for Pulled Pork, to cook it briefly in a finishing sauce? I just want to make sure I'm on the right track. Also, anyone willing to share their finishing sauce secrets. Much Thanks!
DawgPhan
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07 06 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i do pulled pork around the house I cook the meat > wrap in foil for rest > pull > add a few squirts of applie cidear vinegar and some rub > mix > serve

Folks can add their own sauce if they want to but I like it plain, or maybe with a little of my carolina style sauce.
Doc1680
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07 06 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try my sauce paco. I made it just for pulled pork, but it's cool on ribs too. It's got some sweet, some heat, and that vinegar twang. Let me know what you think.

Here's the link.

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1474&highlight=

Doc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: