FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

120 Gallon RF Trailer Build (Painted w/Pics and Pron!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtel
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31 11 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cody wrote:
dont know how i missed this one. its looks great

I did to, it is moving along nicely, with a fat tank like that it sure would be nice to have some kind of second rack, there has to be a way, looks like alot of space there ?

My friend had that operation, be careful, especially in the first year, it did get alot easier for him after that. Good luck
Wreckless
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31 11 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat797...Sharp looking cooker! That hard to find stubby tank really sets it apart and you did well with it. Very Happy Love the stack perch. The burner setup on the rear is going to finish the rig out nicely. You really need no advice but I have $.02 worth burning a hole in my pocket and well...it's a fun little rig and can't resist so... I offer up possibly building an enclosure of sorts to protect the burners from wind and providing a place to hang the "beans and such" tools. Maybe even an "Ed's Place" (etc) plaque in the cubby. Fun stuff Cat797. Good to hear you are feeling better, enjoy! Take your time and...hurry up. Laughing
Cat797
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09 11 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the compliments guys...........Believe it or not, this project is stalled at the moment(again.... Shocked Confused ). I've been coaching my son's JFL football team and I had to travel to Germany again. I'm trying to avoid the hurry up and git'r done urge because I have some final grinding to finish up and I need to get tail light mountings on, etc. I also had plans to paint it myself, but that's going to end up costing too much, so now I need to find someone to paint it..........Oh well, should have some pics soon.......and hopefully painted.

I have successfully missed all of my deadlines this summer.

All the Best,
Ed
Weber 22.5 Performer
Cat797
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29 11 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,

Happy belated Thanksgiving, been a while since I posted an update to this thread......Been crazy busy at work and coaching football and wrestling, but I digress...... Rolling Eyes

I don't have any pics (yeah, I know, you can't believe anything I say..... Embarassed ) to show, but I finally finished this build off and delivered it to my guy who is going to give it the final sandblast and powder coating. I'm curious to see how the coating holds up on the smoker, as I'm told it is not hi-temp stuff.......I was more worried about getting the trailer powder-coated than the smoker and figure if it doesn't last I'll spray bomb it when the need arises. I got a good deal on it ($600 to do the whole rip), so I figure if I have to spray the smoker later I'm still doing ok.

Supposed to be done pretty quick, then I have to redo the gasket on the firebox and seal the smoke chamber door with some RTV and rope gasket.......Won't be long now!!! Cool

All the best,
Ed
Weber 22.5 Performer
TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30 11 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, I guess since I have seen a few previous pictures and have had some conversations about the cooker, I will just have to believe that it still exists Razz Laughing

Glad to see you are around and doing well, Im looking forward to seeing the final pics of it all painted up and full of food Very Happy
Cat797
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25 11 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas Ringers!!! Time for an Update.......

Got the smoker back from the powder coater, and I must say I'm pretty happy. So happy that I decided to get her fired up for some Christmas Eve baby backs! Cool

Here are some pics:

Stopped by the local meat place today and picked up some ribs to cook while seasoning her in........
Coated in a little Oak Ridge Beef and Pork rub....

Lots of room for ribs!!!!

We gotta go to church and then I'll update with the money shots.

All the best,
Ed
Weber 22.5 Performer
TrailerBuilder
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25 11 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, the cooker turned out awesome man! Congrats on a fine build Very Happy Looks like you can get quite a bit more ribs or anything else you want on that bad boy. Very nice work, glad you got it finished up.

Happy Holidays to you and yours Very Happy
Cat797
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25 11 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Troy.....Merry Christmas to you and your family as well.

I still have some odds and ends to finish, like lights, top to the wood box, and drain valve. But, I'm like a kid in a candy store and couldn't wait any longer to get her chuggin. Very Happy

Ed
Weber 22.5 Performer
Cat797
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25 11 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And finally some ribs:

Yeah, they're a little dark and the meat "fell off the bone" (which is how my wifey likes them Rolling Eyes ), but hey I chucked a couple sticks in her and went to church for an hour and a half......definitely got some fine tuning to do. I was surprised at how soon these got done, about 4 hours and that was too long... Shocked

Merry Christmas everyone!
Ed
Weber 22.5 Performer
GF
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25 11 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat797, Your cooker looks great. Very Happy Very nice work.
Those two racks look lonely in there. Wink I think you have enough room for plenty in there.
BTW, if you cooked the ribs to wifeys liking, good move.
k.a.m.
BBQ Mega Star

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25 11 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, awesome finish to a fine build. Very Happy Your cooker looks fantastic and I could work on those ribs with no problem my Friend. Very nice work indeed. Very Happy

Hybrid Cooker
Blazer
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26 11 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAT797 looks real good!! That gasket on the fb. looks interesting, does it have a lip? How is it attached? Where did you get it? Those rib's look fine Very Happy .
Thebus03

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30 11 11:56 pm    Post subject: Latch for your firebox? Reply with quote

How did you build your latch for your firebox? I can see the handle in the pictures but never a mention of the locking mechanism itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: