FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

12 Bones Asheville (and Arden) North Carolina

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slow&low
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 16 10 10:52 am    Post subject: 12 Bones Asheville (and Arden) North Carolina Reply with quote

All,
our soccer team (I'm the coach)had a game in Arden NC (3578 Sweeten Creek Rd Arden, NC 28704) and everyone was looking for a place to eat after the game, so I started to search on the internet and stumbled upon their web site, it sounded good so we decided to go and check it out. It was a group of 14 people parents and kids mix, we arrived and the line to get in was wrapping around the building, that didn't scared me a bit the smell of the Q was incredible, waited about 25 minutes to get in, atmosphere was just right prices were below what we are used to it in Charlotte so ordered 12 bones (6 with classic brown sugar rub and 6 wet with a blueberry chipotle sauce) side of collard greens and cucumber salad, wife and daughter each got a pulled pork plate, small pulled pork sandwich for my son, the rest of the group got a variety of of chicken and pork plates.
Ribs were cooked perfectly nice to bite in it without the meat completely falling apart, the dry rub half rack was very tasty just enough sugar to balance the fat, blueberry chipotle half rack gotta tell you the truth but I couldn't taste the wet sauce at all I'm wondering if they made a mistake.
Of the two sides I didn't care too much for the cucumber salad just didn't taste like anything..... collard greens... I could probably have eaten two bowls full !!! yummm out of the 14 people plates only one that wasn't cleared was my son (he was no hungry to begin...). On the way out we got some pecan pie and it was excellent.
I wish this place was closer to Charlotte.... 2 hours is a long drive I'm hoping that next year we will have another game up that way
As a side note I was told that the president Obama has eaten in the Asheville restaurant twice, once during his campaign and second time couple months ago
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: