FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brinkmann Professional Dual Zone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce

PostPosted: Jun 26 2006    Post subject: Brinkmann Professional Dual Zone Reply with quote

Hello to the group. I have been grilling and barbecueing for many years. Yesterday I bought a Brinkmann Professional Dual Zone grill - it looks like what I have been looking for for years. I especially love the crank adjusted charcoal shelves. I see than many members of this forum also own this grill.

My question - I am troubled by the lack of vents in the cover. I do a lot of combined grilling and smoking, and vents have been an important part of my control of the grills over the years. I was thinking I could reuse the vents from my (very) old Kenmore grill. But I wondered if anyone else owning this grill is bothered by the lack of vents, or does the smoking work well without vents?

Bruce
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Jun 26 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Bruce. Maybe Jason(SIC BBQ) can chime in here because he has that cooker.

I have something similar in design(Hasty Bake) and find that the cover of the grill does not fit snuggly enough to have much of a need for vents in the lid. I think you'll find, when smoking, that you'll get sufficient airflow just from the gaps around the lid.

Just a thought...
mding38926
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Jun 27 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Brinkmann as well, but so far have used it exclusively as grill. SIC would absolutely be the right guy to talk to though..
elk
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Jun 27 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty sure I have the same unit as well. Does it have an opening along the backside of the lid, on the bottom? That is where it vents.

I bought some little metal hole plugs at Ace to help control the air intake, mine had a tendancy to burn too hot and too fast. I just plugged up about half of the holes around the bottom of the firebox.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: