FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where can I get some 'Voom", I need some real bad!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12 10 12:10 am    Post subject: Where can I get some 'Voom", I need some real bad! Reply with quote

Ok, so here's how it all started, the snow is melting, and the 3' deep layer of snow on top of our storage building roof is sliding off blocking the doors to the renters storage units. It happens every spring so no big deal, I am prepared for it.
We have a Bobcat S-130 skidsteer for moving snow. and I really don't consider driving this thing to be work, it is more like a big kid playing with diesel powered tonka toys that you actually get to ride in.

So I clear most of the snow, and I figure I'll do one last pass real close to the doors with the bucket down to scrape all the snow away. I get down to the end, dump the bucket, spin around only to see a bright yellow stripe on the snow in front of the building. WTF is this?

Apparently one of the renters had a can of paint set outside their door and it was covered with snow and hidden, the edge of the loader bucket caught the can, split it open, and it pissed paint the entire length of the building.

Every attempt I made to clean this up only spread it farther and get everything else covered in this yellow slop. and the snow is only causing it to spread.

It reminded me of the Dr. Seuss cartoon "The cat in the hat comes back" where they were trying to clean a pink ring in the bathtub, and it spread all over everything, finally at the end of the movie Cat "Z" took out some "Voom" and it got it all cleaned up.

When the GF got home last night, I asked if she had any voom I could use, it sounded familiar to her, but she could not place why she knew that name.
Well, this morning she saw the mess of nasty yellow paint all over the place. and she asked "What the hell is voom" and I reminded her of the cat in the hat and she knew exactly what I was talking about and here we are both laughing because it is such a mess, and any attempt to clean it up just makes it worse. this paint is like a bad dream right now A true Dr. Seuss nightmare

So if anyone knows where I can get some Voom to help clean this mess, please let me know.
Smokey Bones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12 10 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would talk to your local sherrif's department or police department. They ususally have some sort of stuff to clean grafiti off of buildings - they make the prisoners do this usually as a payback for being - prisoners! Just my 2 cents.

If it tastes bad, give it to your neighbors.
CliffC
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12 10 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's latex paint- water
If it's oil based paint- paint thinner
If it's dried already- repaint this summer
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12 10 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smokey Bones wrote:
I would talk to your local sherrif's department or police department. They ususally have some sort of stuff to clean grafiti off of buildings - they make the prisoners do this usually as a payback for being - prisoners! Just my 2 cents.

great idea, but not quite the problem I am faced with.
The paint got mixed in with the snow & slush, it is not on any solid surface quite yet, Every attempt I made to get it consolidated into one place, just made it spread even farther. I even tried to cover it with clean snow from other places on the property with hopes it would soak it up, and it spread worse yet.

I have bright yellow "Bobcat Tracks" all over the place now, plus 3 different piles of snow with this crap mixed in, and a 80' long stripe of yellow along the front of our storage unit building. and all attempts to do anything just make it worse. I am now considering taking out the weed-burner torch and see what that does to it!

about the only thing that is going to fix this mess for now is another 4-5 inches of snow to cover it up temporarily.

I'll grab some pictures, then try to get them posted today, I don't think my explanation alone covers the magnitude of this slop which is about the same color as a caterpillar bulldozer, or parking lines painted in a parking lot. As the snow melts, it spreads to cover more area.

EDIT:
I just went back out there to get some pictures, and it has dissapated quite nicely with the melting of the snow and the drizzle we have right now, so it is not even worth getting pictures of at this point.
Teleking
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12 10 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/voom-cleaner/1012

Google is your friend Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Wink

“The Bride of Franken Smoker”
Toga
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12 10 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it has not dried hit it with a pressure washer. A pressure washer will take paint off of concrete, rocks, and such easily even if dried with the right tip.

UDS
ECB x2
Gasser
CliffC
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12 10 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like latex paint, you may be able to use a hose to get rid of it.
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12 10 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toga wrote:
If it has not dried hit it with a pressure washer. A pressure washer will take paint off of concrete, rocks, and such easily even if dried with the right tip.

So your answer is to use dihydrogen monoxide at very high pressure to get rid of it??
ckone
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12 10 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a product called "Goof Off" that works pretty good though I recommend the pressure washer for your situation.
Teleking
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12 10 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Nutczak wrote:
use dihydrogen monoxide

Only with the proper personal protection equipment. That stuff is dangerous Wink

“The Bride of Franken Smoker”
Louie3
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13 10 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

methinks you need Va-va-voom..for that mess..
try this method...but sit on the rag first..
(_/_) (_\_) (_/_) Laughing Laughing
4LittlePigs
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13 10 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just went back out there to get some pictures, and it has dissapated quite nicely with the melting of the snow and the drizzle we have right now, so it is not even worth getting pictures of at this point.

Be careful Harry or the EPA will be out there dressed in hazmat suits and will have your entire property coned off and will make you scrap up all the dirt and have it buried in waterproof barrels and taken to an approved govt site for disposal!!!!! Shocked And charge you for all of it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: