FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any of you guys ever get this (possible scam)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jboehm

PostPosted: Sun May 01 11 9:07 am    Post subject: Any of you guys ever get this (possible scam) Reply with quote

Usually once a year I get someone showing up with a receipt for dry cleaning he wants to get reimbursed for . It usually goes something like, " I was eating at your restaurant recently and your staff member spilled sauce on my lab coat......no I don't have a receipt. I spoke to your manager last week and he approved for you to pay for the cleaning." They may even drop the manager's name, but when I ask that manager he can't remember for sure. I think it is a scam.
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 01 11 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do a couple of things.

Add a couple of lines to all the menu's, or message boards.

1) When you come to our bbq restaurant, a) you can eat as daintily as you like, b) or take a swim in the sauce, the choice is yours.

2) We recommend xxxxxxx's dry cleaning if you make a mess of your clothes... mention our name and get yy% off when you mention this recommendation to them.

3) The management takes no responsibility for which method you choose to eat our bbq... 1a) or 1b)! Wink

Obviously do a deal with the dry cleaners to make 2) a reality!

I still work here!
Geronimo
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 01 11 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a camera (or nearly everyone has a cell with a camera in it) and have your staff (most likely manager) actually take a picture of any mishap for future reference.....

As we say on The Smoke Ring...."No picture, didn't happen". Laughing Laughing
ecocks
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 01 11 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe anyone would expect that to fly.
Soapm
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 01 11 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And while your wallet is open, I was by your establishment and broke my dentures on the bone chip you had in the potato salad. Because my titanium dentures were made from real elephant tusk it's going to cost me a git to get them fixed. I am sure we can settle on a price. Your trash mans cousin Guido assured me you would take care of the cost no problem...

One thing that bothers me is someone trying to take advantage of someone doing all he can just to get by. They need to get a real job where they punch a clock and can put their creative minds to better our world instead of putting all those brain cells into "how can I take from my brother"...
Geronimo
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 01 11 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at a grocery store a few years back and I always park my truck out near the main road way (more advertising) and there are usually not many other vehicles around that far out.

Well I get back to my truck and there is this note reading "your door hit my car when you opened your door and chipped my paint....here is my info (name, address, ph). Please call me to settle".

I never did call him nor did I ever hear anything from them. Shocked Shocked But had I called him, I am SURE he would have willingly taken my cash Shocked Shocked
daddywoofdawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 01 11 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just blow it off or answer with a free meal.if it's a scam they aren't going to bother cashing in.
Char grill smoker
Weber kettle
ecocks
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 02 11 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send them your lawyer's name, then refuse to acknowledge any further communications unless they show up at your place making noise. Then respond by trespassing them and calling the police.

Then sell get back to selling q.
Poppa's PTL Club
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 02 11 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like your bigger problem is that you don't have an incident reporting procedure with your managers. You should never get any response along the lines of "it could have happened, I don't remember"
daddywoofdawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon May 02 11 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poppa's PTL Club wrote:
Sounds to me like your bigger problem is that you don't have an incident reporting procedure with your managers. You should never get any response along the lines of "it could have happened, I don't remember"

Second that.maybe some index cards where the employee/manager would fill in the blanks,name of person,address,etc what happened and who took the report.and keep them on file in case something comes of it,or this person makes beer money doing this.
Char grill smoker
Weber kettle
qfanatic01
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 03 11 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, at my first restaurant. I worked there every open day as well and if something happened, I knew. One day a lady came in with a receipt for 50 dollars for cleaning a leather jacket we supposedly spilled on. I said if that happened here I would have known and sent her on her way. I looked to see where they went when they left and they were parked on the other end of the mall in a beat up old van. My restaurant was in a high end neighborhood. They stuck out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: