FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

electric firebox?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stang6990
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09 10 3:00 am    Post subject: electric firebox? Reply with quote

does anyone make an electric firebox? im struggling to find smoking accesseries. its all or nothing from what i can find online.

i am in the process of piecing together a whiskey barrel UDS and i need a heat source. im not apposed to a true firebox but electricity is just so easy and if it is off to the side i could easily change chips as needed. i do not want to use a hot plate b/c i have that in my terra cotta pot smoker and it is harsh when it comes to temp control. plus i dont think i could find one to heat a whiskey barrel very well...

i am not against using charcoal but its not my first choice. if it comes to this, what is the best way to get a charcoal firebox?
watchado
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09 10 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked in to a heating element out of a regular electric grill? I bought my dad a combo elec. smoker, grill, deep fryer several years ago and it's round and has a round element so might work in the bottom of your barrel. Maybe wrap your wood chips in foil. I'm pretty sure it's made by Brinkman.

Large Big Green Egg
Weber Kettle
250 gallon offset smoker, LP tank
Charmglow gasser
http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40883
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: