FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carson's BBQ-Chicago

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarbeCrue
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 30 06 4:25 am    Post subject: Carson's BBQ-Chicago Reply with quote

Anyone ever eat there? I'm going to be in Chicago this weekend and Carson's is nearby. Looking for some good Q while away.. Anyone know of any other places near the hard Rock Hotel in Chicago?
Ron_L

PostPosted: Tue May 30 06 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I had ribs from Carson's was before I started cooking my own and knew how ribs should taste. BUT, even then I knew that I wasn't going to come back. As I recall, the ribs were dry and tough, and it was all about the sauce. Again, its been years, and they are still in business, so maybe they have changed.

Chicago isn't a great place for BBQ. There are three places that get talked about frequently (Honey 1, Barbara Ann's and Lem's), but none are in the downtown area. They are all out in the neighborhoods. Honey 1 probably gets the best reviews. Take a look at this site...

http://www.lthforum.com/bb/index.php

Look at the Eating out in Chicagoland forum and search for BBQ and you'll find good info on what's in the area.

If you want recommendations on other restaurants, just let me know.

Smokin' in the suburbs!

Cookshack Smokette 008, Weber Genesis Gold B, Weber Kettle
MichiganBill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04 06 12:39 am    Post subject: Carsons Reply with quote

I have eaten there twice in the last year, both on biz trips. They recently closed one of their resturants and the others that remain are near downtown and a far norther suburb(?).

On my first vist, I was at the one that closed shortly thereafter. At the time,I had to give it a 9.8 on the 10 scale. It was outstanding. On my second vist, I went to the resturant up north. AND it is a LONG way up north!

This time, I was really disapointed. Bland as bland could be. I would give it 5 out of 10.
BarbeCrue
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09 06 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,I ate there and thought that it was very good.. BUT I will admit that the sauce took away from the meat. The ribs were smoked to perfection though. The au gratins were good and the beer was nice and cold... On the way back downtown from Carson's, we saw another place that I want to check out next time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: