FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Disposable Cutting Boards

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Competition BBQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bdodd444
Newbie


Joined: 31 Jul 2009
Posts: 55
Location: Northern Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01 09 6:35 am    Post subject: Disposable Cutting Boards Reply with quote

I saw the 3EYZ team using Daydots disposable cutting boards at a competition. They highly recommended them, but apparently were discontinued in October. Does anyone have any experience with "Cut & Toss" boards or know a another brand? They look pretty comparable, but I haven't seen them. Seems like a good way to save time and be safe. Thanks.

Here's their site: http://www.cutandtoss.com

Brian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dabaslab
BBQ Pro


Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Posts: 515

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01 09 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe of Smokey Mountain Smokers is a distributor of disposable cutting boards. Here's his link.

http://www.smokymountainsmokers.com/
_________________
Son Seekers BBQ Team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
EastTennQcrew
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 1083
Location: Kingsport, Tenn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01 09 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've used used Joe's cutting boards for a while. Very good quality. Can really take a lot of abuse.

And the price is better.

RandyE
_________________
FEC 500
FEC 100 (2)
KCBS CBJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ScenicCitySmoker
Newbie


Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Posts: 48

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01 09 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought a LARGE roll of brown kraft paper about 36" wide and many yards long from a paper house for about $22. Instead of the disposable cutting boards, I'll lay down two to three layers of this on a plastic table and use it. Roll it up and toss it when you're done.

Found it gives us a much larger working area and the costs are much less.

Just thought I'd give you some other ideas. The disposable boards are nice but if you have to pay shipping, it's way too much.

SCS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesB
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Posts: 2406
Location: Irving, Tx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01 09 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... Shipping almost doubles the cost. I would def. use them if I could find them locally and didn't have mess with the high cost of shipping.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgPhan
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 12 May 2005
Posts: 3444

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01 09 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesB wrote:
Wow... Shipping almost doubles the cost. I would def. use them if I could find them locally and didn't have mess with the high cost of shipping.


Joe cooks all over the place, so you might be able to hook up with him at a contest. If you contact him before hand he will bring some to the contest.

They really are great and you can support a great guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SmokinOkie
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 16 Aug 2005
Posts: 2078

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02 09 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabaslab wrote:
Joe of Smokey Mountain Smokers is a distributor of disposable cutting boards. Here's his link.

http://www.smokymountainsmokers.com/


I'm not sure, but I thought someone said he uses the cut'ntoss ones?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JamesB
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Posts: 2406
Location: Irving, Tx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02 09 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgPhan wrote:
JamesB wrote:
Wow... Shipping almost doubles the cost. I would def. use them if I could find them locally and didn't have mess with the high cost of shipping.


Joe cooks all over the place, so you might be able to hook up with him at a contest. If you contact him before hand he will bring some to the contest.

They really are great and you can support a great guy.


Good idea. I think I'll send him a note and see if he ever gets to Texas.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kenz51
BBQ Fan


Joined: 24 Sep 2009
Posts: 157
Location: Denton Tx.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10 09 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesB wrote:
DawgPhan wrote:
JamesB wrote:
Wow... Shipping almost doubles the cost. I would def. use them if I could find them locally and didn't have mess with the high cost of shipping.


Joe cooks all over the place, so you might be able to hook up with him at a contest. If you contact him before hand he will bring some to the contest.

They really are great and you can support a great guy.


Good idea. I think I'll send him a note and see if he ever gets to Texas.

----------------------------------------------
James, maybe a few of us in the DFW area could get together for a Quantity of em! whatcha think?.....
_________________
Integrity isnt always the easy way, but Always the Best Way! Thanks Dad....
Friedrich Commercial Stainless steel smoker,Highly modded with a SS firebox lined with firebrick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JamesB
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Posts: 2406
Location: Irving, Tx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10 09 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenz51 wrote:
James, maybe a few of us in the DFW area could get together for a Quantity of em! whatcha think?.....


Work it up and let me know what kind of quantity deal we can get. I'd be in for 50 to 100 or 'em.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mhoodnc
BBQ Fan


Joined: 23 Aug 2007
Posts: 344
Location: Charlotte

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17 09 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Lowe's/HD and tear off some heavy plastic signs(Generators are the ones I had). I was a rep. long ago and the back of those signs were perfect. Now I have a dense plastic 3'X4' cutting board. After use, I Let dog lick clean, then wash it and spray w/sanitizer.( I don't tell this to everyone;)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Competition BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group