FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dirty Rice Recipe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrs. K.A.M.
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10 09 2:45 am    Post subject: Dirty Rice Recipe Reply with quote

Dirty Rice Recipe

1 container of Savoie's Rice Dressing Mix
1lb. ground meat
1lb. andoullie sausage
3 cups cooked rice
2 ribs of celery (diced)
1 large onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 bunch of green onions (chopped)
1 to 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped fine)
Seasonings (salt, black pepper, red pepper, onion & garlic powder, Morton's seasoning) all to taste.

Cook your rice as you would normally cook it.

In a separate cast iron dutch oven brown your ground meat, when it is browned add andoullie sausage, celery, onions, garlic, stir this in and let it wilt. When the veggies have wilted add the Savoie's dressing mix. I just add it frozen, then using the dressing container to measure add 2 containers of water. Then seasoning lightly, let cook for 30 minutes and taste to see if it needs any more seasonings, add according to taste. Then turn the heat down to low, put lid on and cook real slow, the longer it cooks the better it tastes. If you would like the gravy to be darker add a little Kitchen Bouquet. I also add 2 cayenne peppers. About 5 minutes before you add rice, add your green onions and parsley.

Now you start to add the rice, be sure to add a little bit of rice at a time, cuz if you don't it'll be to dry. You'll probably have rice left over.

My UDS.
spunkymunky
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10 09 7:36 pm    Post subject: Dirty Rice Reply with quote

K.A.M. - Please thank Mrs. K.A.M. for the recipe. I will give it a try as I love good dirty rice and based on the pictures you posted of you Labor Day COOK it will be just great. THANKS AGAIN
NEW UDS (She's a beauty)
Mod. Smoke Cube & Aussie 2 Burner-Lake House
spunkymunky
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14 09 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs K.A.M. My wife and I did the Dirty Rice Saturday night and it was just great. I have never had Dirty Rice any where a good as that and I spent several months in and around Alexandria, LA and had some mighty fine Dirty Rice. ONCE AGAIN THANKS................... Razz
NEW UDS (She's a beauty)
Mod. Smoke Cube & Aussie 2 Burner-Lake House
MommasSmokeShack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19 10 2:33 am    Post subject: dirty rice Reply with quote

I'm a newbie looking for a good dirty rice recipe ... what is "Sovie's Rice Dressing Mix"?

Thanks!
Wreckless
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21 10 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mrs k.a.m. My dad loves dirty rice from somewhere, not sure where as he has been trying to duplicate some authentic stuff using package mix after package mix with little success, it just ends up getting tossed. This is it I am sure, looks awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Other recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: