FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good bbq in mass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmills151a

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11 09 7:35 am    Post subject: Good bbq in mass Reply with quote

Heading to south easton mass, any good que in the area? Or in mass period
Doc D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28 09 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have to head toward Boston area. I know of Red Bones in Somerville or The Blue Ribbon in Arlington both are good.
Triple-L-BBQ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28 09 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try Chilihead in West Bridgewater. I personally do not care for it but some do. Fireflys has a couple of locations(Quincy is closest to South Easton).
Weber Perfomer
Weber Gasser
and a ton of other stuff..
jmills151a

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30 09 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have saturday to check out boston so thanks for the info
tinovr
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30 09 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see this thread..

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23236

good luck.
smokin ernie
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14 09 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone mentioned uncle petes in the other thread. I would have to say one of the best around espaically when he was in east boston. He moved to revere and the food was still good. The sad news of it all is that uncle pete pasted away this year it wasn't too long ago. It really is a same. His hole family ran the place is wife was from vietnam I believe and she made the best asian slaw ever! It was some peanuts on top of fresh cut slaw and some kind of peanut sauce. Sometime when you went in she would be cutting up the slaw pretty much on the front counter. Uncle pete was a great guy. He would explain how real bbq was made and would intruduce himself to everyone that came in to his resturant.

He now he is smoking in heaven I am sure!

RIP uncle pete!
tinovr
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14 09 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokin ernie wrote:
Someone mentioned uncle petes in the other thread. I would have to say one of the best around espaically when he was in east boston. He moved to revere and the food was still good. The sad news of it all is that uncle pete pasted away this year it wasn't too long ago. It really is a same. His hole family ran the place is wife was from vietnam I believe and she made the best asian slaw ever! It was some peanuts on top of fresh cut slaw and some kind of peanut sauce. Sometime when you went in she would be cutting up the slaw pretty much on the front counter. Uncle pete was a great guy. He would explain how real bbq was made and would intruduce himself to everyone that came in to his resturant.

He now he is smoking in heaven I am sure!

RIP uncle pete!

wow.. hadn't heard that.. Yes.. I frequented his place in EB when I lived there about 10 yrs ago.... definitely was a great place for BBQ... sad..
jmills151a

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19 09 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from boston area and went to chili head bbq, the atmosphere is cool but i wouldnt recommend the food at all, also went to smokey bones their was was pretty good! Thank u all for the info
bdjeep

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09 09 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about Pete. He'd make sure and visit every customer that came to his restaurant and chat about BBQ for a bit. He was a very nice man. The asian slaw was excellent. One less place to get good BBQ in MA. Sad
Triple-L-BBQ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10 09 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdjeep wrote:
Sorry to hear about Pete. He'd make sure and visit every customer that came to his restaurant and chat about BBQ for a bit. He was a very nice man. The asian slaw was excellent. One less place to get good BBQ in MA. Sad

When he first opened and did not have a bar, his food was okay. Ever since he expanded and added the bar side, his food has gone down hill. He is only like 2 miles from me, but I won't eat there. I'll go to Firefly's if I can't cook for myself. Also, in the past I have witnessed him publicly berate his teenage staff in front of a full line of customers. Not professional in my opinion and that was the last straw for me.
Weber Perfomer
Weber Gasser
and a ton of other stuff..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: