FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wedding appetizers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshd52

PostPosted: Aug 08 2009    Post subject: wedding appetizers Reply with quote

looking for some fun and tasty appetizers for our wedding 150-200 people. I would like to get some ideas for jalapenos, shrimp and anyother items that would be good. Please post tips and pics.
trapper
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Aug 09 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search for abt's here (jalapeno cut in half lenghtwise, scoop out seeds and veins, add a little smoky or whatever you want, top with cream cheese/shredded cheese mix, and wrap with bacon). You will find lots of variations. It could be a little time consuming for that many but don't be afraid to fix them up ahead of time and freeze on a cookie sheet, then put in a ziplock bag. Thrown them on the grill frozen, it will be fine.
There was a post not long ago about bacon wrapped shrimp that looked great also.
joshd52

PostPosted: Aug 09 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

deffinatly going to be doing some abt or stuffed jalapenos. I'm still looking for a shrimp idea. I was thinking a cheese and jalapeno stuffed shrimp.
Shane123

PostPosted: Aug 14 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done it where when you slice the back of the shrimp to remove the vein replacing it with a sliver of jalapeno and wrapping in semi-cooked bacon and dusted with some rub.. pretty good.
mgwerks
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Aug 14 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane123 wrote:
I've done it where when you slice the back of the shrimp to remove the vein replacing it with a sliver of jalapeno and wrapping in semi-cooked bacon and dusted with some rub.. pretty good.
I do a similar thing, but I use red or yellow bell pepper slices. Not hot, but very flavorful and still crunch when the shrimp is done. You really need to use par-cooked bacon, though, to make sure it gets done.

Moink balls are always a hit, too. I am planning an assortment of bacon-laden goodies for a family party next month - I'll post 'em up when I do the trial runs.
hldhm
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Aug 21 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use shrimp in the ABT's. I did this for a party recently where the main dish was grilled shrimp. You can use the little ones and put them in with the cream chesse mixture or use medium/large ones and leave the tail sticking out the top of the ABT as kind of a handle.
Haelix

PostPosted: Aug 21 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

the buffalo turds are a must.
How about some smoked crab stuffed mushrooms?
mini pork kabobs, thats 3 inches of flavor, pork pineapple bell pepper onion.
smoked wings go over well also.
anyone want to practice Im getting married in September 2010
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Other recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: