FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fast Eddy Pellet Grill and Pizza Experiment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SmokinOkie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28 09 12:18 am    Post subject: Fast Eddy Pellet Grill and Pizza Experiment Reply with quote

So, got a new grill from FE, it's came out this year, but I just got mine. think of this like a Traeger, it uses 100% pellets (if you don't like pellets, don't read further) Wink

The overall unit is insulated well. For the Wife's Birthday I've been playing with it for Grilled Pizza and they were awesome.

First the grill. it rained overnight so it's dirty looking. Waiting for a cover, they're still be manufactured.

This grill can get hot. I set it at the max temp on the grill, 600 and here's the thermometer.

Now what good is a new grill without being an excuse for new toys, this one from Thermoworks:

Here it is, showing the temp of the Pizza Stone, you can see that's the stone I'm pointing at. What's nice is the stone fits on the "indirect" side and you can see that stone itself got hot. I wanted the stone at 500 for pizza. With the insulated lid, it did a great job on Pizza, just fabulous. No pictures of that, was too busy cooking and eating.

Also did some ABT's for the wife since it's her B/D.

Overall, I love having the pellets in a grill option now, really like the flavor. Most everyone commented about the flavor without even knowing about the change in grill (they don't ask, they just let me do the cooking). Holds temp really well, although when you're cooking this hot, it puts out a lot of ash trying to get up to temp, but once it's at temp, you don't see it.

Now I just have to find new ways to use the Fastest Thermopen out there, forget your Thermopen colors, this thing looks like a gun Very Happy

Smokin'
BluzQue
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28 09 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet sounding setup SmokinOkie Very Happy
Looks like you have it dialed in too!
At the end of the day, no matter what equipment you
use....results do the talkin' Congrats on your new choices Wink

Cool

GOOD MUSIC GOOD FOOD GOOD BEER GREAT FRIENDS

OLE BOY OFFSET SMOKER
WEBER PERFORMER GRILL
WHISKEY BARREL SMOKER
Bunqui
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05 09 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the new family member, SmokinOkie. Hope the wife doesn't get too jealous. Laughing

Weber Smokey Joe
LIAR#38
SmokinOkie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05 09 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunqui wrote:
Hope the wife doesn't get too jealous. Laughing

Acutally she is using it more than she did the gas grill, that's my ultimate goal, get her to cooking the pizza.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Grilling All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: