FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving... what a pain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Workaholic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24 09 12:07 pm    Post subject: Moving... what a pain Reply with quote

Finally, it's almost over. Right after my last cook, I got bogged down at work. As that eased up, it was time for me to get ready to transfer. So, i transfer. Off to school for 5 weeks to learn sales. Then, back to Jacksonville, to start getting ready for the move to Wichita. Then, the movers show up, 3 guys to pack a 3 bedroom house in a day (yeah, riiiight) they get most of it done, and then come back the next day, only to have one go to the ER for a cut on his leg that was bleeding bad enough to put a 1 ft puddle under the trailer. and then, 1 week in hotels, with 2 teenage girls and the wife. not to mention putting the dogs in a kennel there in Jacksonville, in St Louis, and then finally here. We've been here a week, and finally tomorrow they are delivering our stuff. So, hopefully fairly soon, we'll finally be settled in in our house here in Kansas. I just hope that tomorrow goes smoothly. Oh, did i mention that i have to work while getting settled in? what a pain in the rear this past few weeks (months) have been because of this. Even though i'm learning something outside of my current skillset, i feel lucky that i have a job, what with the economy being what it is. On a side note, the drive back to Kansas did feel like we were finally coming home.
Thumper
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24 09 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Wichita! I don't live in Wichita but work here. I hear you on the moving. I have done it so many times I don't know if I can do it again. I think I just let the kids move my crap out when I am gone! Our last moving adventure was due to a house fire. We had to move into a rental during repair, move to a different rental because the first one sold, and then back to our house. We did all of this in less than a year. Oh yea I got to haul the lawn mower back and forth and keep up with two lawns during the summer months. What joy.

Anyway good luck with the new job, and I agree that it is good to be employed at this time. I am still working as well.

Cheers,
Smokin_Mom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26 09 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uggggh I am begining to feel your pain.

Packing right now. Were pre approved for a home now have 60 days to put an offer in on one. I dont even want to think of the drive (1800 Miles)or the unpacking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: