FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacon Explosion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrsmurph

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20 09 12:11 am    Post subject: Bacon Explosion Reply with quote

I was down at Man heaven the other day (Bar-B-Q store) checking for some parts for my grill. Got to talking to the guy that worked there and pretty soon we were recipes back and forth at each other. I threww out ABT's, pig's peckers, fatties that I've gotten and used off of thesmokering. Then he hit me with The Bacon Explosion. I googooled it and my eyes were open to another part of heaven. I will be making a couple of these masterpieces this weekend, has anybody else ever tried it? The website I looked on was www.bbqaddicts.com Would like to hear back anybody thats tried it before and thier different ways of making them.
Jeff T
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22 09 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done some thing similar, cooked in the oven.
A breakfast bacon weave with eggs & a little cheese. Good stuff!
Pre-cook the weave till about half done, scramble some eggs while that's in the oven. Remove bacon let cool a little so its easier to handle, load it up & roll it over. Pop it in the oven till some what crisp. Slice & serve.

bamther

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27 09 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see some variations on what else would be good inside these! They sound and look great!
BZArcher
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30 09 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did one a little while ago, but at least at my place it ended up being the main dish more than a side.

I used the recipe from their website rather than changing the filling - some egge and cheese actually sounds pretty good in there, though.

Weaving the bacon was a lot of fun - I think pretty much any fatty I do from now on is going to get a bacon weave. It also did a great job of wrapping the meat that way.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bzarcher/sets/72157618781814874/

bbqLew
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18 10 12:46 am    Post subject: bacon explosion Reply with quote

This a great dish that I've smoked many times, a few things that are fun to mess with is adding shredded pepper jack cheese to the sausage and work it into the sausage before you roll it out on top of the bacon weave, this gives the cheese flavor without the mess of having it ooze everywhere when slicing. In addition adding diced onion,green peppers or jalapenos on top of the sausage before your roll it can add some nice flavors to the mix.
250 Gallon Reverse Flow

"BBQ is the holy grail of food"
mgwerks
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18 10 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny about all the hoopla surrounding this recently-publicized "Bacon Explosion". Seems like tons of people are hailing this new 'invention'.

It's funny because there are lots of us out there that have been making 'fatties' for years now, with a wide variety of fillings. If you search the forum using 'fatty' or 'fatties' as key words you'll get tons of ideas.

Am I the only one that gets bent out of shape when this "great new idea" is brought up in that context?
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18 10 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgwerks wrote:
Funny about all the hoopla surrounding this recently-publicized "Bacon Explosion". Seems like tons of people are hailing this new 'invention'.

It's funny because there are lots of us out there that have been making 'fatties' for years now, with a wide variety of fillings. If you search the forum using 'fatty' or 'fatties' as key words you'll get tons of ideas.

Am I the only one that gets bent out of shape when this "great new idea" is brought up in that context?

Ahhhh...what was old becomes new again, grasshopper. The next "new thing" will be the popped collar, madras shorts and a mullet. Cool Wink
Bunqui
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19 10 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll probably "invent" the stuffed pork loin or ABTs next. Very Happy

Weber Smokey Joe
LIAR#38
Teleking
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19 10 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allsmokenofire wrote:
Ahhhh...what was old becomes new again, grasshopper. The next "new thing" will be the popped collar, madras shorts and a mullet. Cool Wink

Or how-bout squeeze parkay, brown sugar, and honey.

“The Bride of Franken Smoker”
tipsforBBQ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19 11 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bamther wrote:
I'd love to see some variations on what else would be good inside these! They sound and look great!

This is an old thread, but its never too late to answer a question;)

The "bacon explosions" need a little more flavor. I use pepperoni, capicolo ham, proscuitto and some velveeta. The velveeta is the champ in this race. It melts without going greasy and works through the layers.

Rusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Other recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: