FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

first time cedar plank salmon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Seafood Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozbuc

PostPosted: Fri May 22 09 11:45 pm    Post subject: first time cedar plank salmon Reply with quote

Hello to the group! This weekend I will be attempting my first cedar plank salmon. I have some general Qs and a few challenges. I will be using a Char-broil double chef with a thermometer that reads warm/ideal/hot so exact temperature control will be difficult. I am diabetic so whatever brine, rub, marinade I use must be sugar free. Since this my first I am looking for entry level type of ideas but any and all ideas will be considered and appreciated.
ozbuc

PostPosted: Thu May 28 09 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I guess I will reply to my own post. I smoked the salmon for about 2.5 hours. In the water pan I placed two bottle of beer and two quartered and squeezed lemons. O n the salmon I put a little garlic, salt, pepper and italian herbs. This the third thing I have smoked, the othe two being ribs and bacon explosion. Everybody here raved about the the flavor so I guess I did good.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa217/ozbuc/Smoker%20album/IMGP3026.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa217/ozbuc/Smoker%20album/IMGP3034.jpg
BOSMECH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09 12 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like it turned out great.
SlicTrix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28 13 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozbuc

Its always great when they like it and get to hear what you went thru to make it.

I bet you surprized yourself too !

Kudos Man Smoke On Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Seafood Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: