FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Competition BBQ trash talk.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SMOKIN SMOKEY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 3:19 am    Post subject: Competition BBQ trash talk. Reply with quote

Ok lets hear what everyone has to say.
SmokinOkie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About what?

The title of the thread is Competition BBQ, but it's posted in Restaurants.

You want to talk trash about Restaurants or Competitions.

?????
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I prefer the 33 gal. size for my comps. I get them at Sam's so there's about 381 of them to a box. They're the thick ones...I prefer them over the thin ones...and they have the pull straps on the top that you can tie them closed with before you haul them off to the dumpster.

Interesting thread....would love to hear what the other comp cooks use.
SmokinOkie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allsmokenofire wrote:
I know I prefer the 33 gal. size for my comps. I get them at Sam's so there's about 381 of them to a box. They're the thick ones...I prefer them over the thin ones...and they have the pull straps on the top that you can tie them closed with before you haul them off to the dumpster.

Are they the .5mil or .7 mil.

Those new Stretch and Strech version are great for stuffing all the BBQ Waste, especially the leftovers from other sites

Shocked
Alien BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like mine in high heels and nice red lipstick. Wearin’ a pair of Daisy Dukes and a tube top. Wait a minute, you said BBQ Trash, Sorry about that, forget what I said.
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmokinOkie wrote:
allsmokenofire wrote:

Are they the .5mil or .7 mil.

Those new Stretch and Strech version are great for stuffing all the BBQ Waste, especially the leftovers from other sites

Shocked

Never tried the stretch ones before...see I'm always learning here.

I wonder how many BBQ'd hot dogs you could stuff in one of those stretchy ones Question
mding38926
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL........very good guys...I am impressed!! My hats off to you.....
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mding38926 wrote:

LOL....thanks Dinger, you oughta see us after we've been up tending the smoker and sippin' the whiskey all night...well worth the price of admission Wink

Well....one of us is tending our smoker all night Rolling Eyes
mding38926
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allsmokenofire wrote:
mding38926 wrote:

LOL....thanks Dinger, you oughta see us after we've been up tending the smoker and sippin' the whiskey all night...well worth the price of admission Wink

LOL........I think that would be a fun sight............nothing like a little busting of the nu** between friends!
SmokinOkie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allsmokenofire wrote:

I resemble that remark.

Just think, 3/31/06 in Stillwater Oklahoma, the REAL trash talking needs to start. Sure not hearing much out of Okie Jay and Jeff about their chances in the OkieCup.

Now THATs some trash talkin' I'm waiting to hear.

Anyone in the area, just stop on buy, but you'll need to bring beverages. And probably your own Trash Contrainers with all the Trash being thrown around Wink
bigabyte
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this year will be my first year competing. I will actually be cooking with an already established team who is now down to just himself this year because his partner (wife) just delivered their first child last week. He already conistently places very well in Ribs and Brisket and he's hoping to recruit a few guys to help him take the Shoulder/Butt and Chicken scores up and maybe get a GC! Hopefully my first go at it won't be TOO disappointing, but I am totally ready to accept DEAD LAST and move on to the next comp with my head held high, and more knowledge about what to do better in the judges eyes. I figure by the end of the season if I'm raring to go at it, then I may go solo, or maybe stick it out with this team... or maybe a little of both? Too early to tell right now.

As far as the trash talk, I like having a lid to contain the smell, but sometimes you just need an open trash can and an occasional emptying of it when it gets too dang funky.

OK, now for the real trash talk....

ALL YOU GUYS WHO THINK YOU ARE ALL THAT AND THINK YOU'LL BEAT ME THIS YEAR.........

you may be right, time will tell. If I win though, I plan on celebrating, but hopefully I will be sportsmanlike enough to not appear to be rubbing it in. Cool
SMOKIN SMOKEY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikie, I got your foot long right here. I`ll bet your BBQ taste like 3 week old road kill.
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon now pimp....that's the best you can do?? You wanted some trash talk and I think we covered it pretty thoroughly. If you have something constructive to add, feel free to jump on in. If you don't have anything constructive to add you could do a google search for a different forum that might be more your speed. Wink
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing I SAY THAT TRASH TALK IS SECOND TO NONE! Mr. Green

You guys are just killin' me, glad I tuned in for a chuckle! Thanks! Very Happy
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now boys, lets all just be friends. Dont make me make ya all have a group hug..!!
LIAR #100
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhhhhhh,ahhhhhhhh, I love hugs! Laughing
SmokinOkie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roxy wrote:
Dont make me make ya all have a group hug..!!

Given the comments some have made I think the WANT a group hug....

Evil or Very Mad

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Oh TRASH talk.

Yo' WoooDoogy, bring some of that competition down to Oklahoma and we'll see how good you are, yeah, can you make Stillwater OK on 3/31 or is that too soon? 4 from the forum will be there or does 4 okies scare you Shocked
mding38926
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07 06 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allsmokenofire wrote:
C'mon now pimp....that's the best you can do??

LOL......I think everyone in the office is wondering why I just about fell off my chair laughing..........that is classic!
bigabyte
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08 06 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmokinOkie wrote:
Yo' WoooDoogy, bring some of that competition down to Oklahoma and we'll see how good you are, yeah, can you make Stillwater OK on 3/31 or is that too soon? 4 from the forum will be there or does 4 okies scare you Shocked

Laughing Well, 3/31 is too early for the TEAM I'm on. Team leader just had his firstborn last week and is all strutting around being a proud new poppa of a future BBQ'er. Not that I blame him, I remember that feeling. We were planning on hitting KC area events only, and maybe only about 3 or 4 since he's not sure what impact this life changing event will have on his BBQ schedule. I'm hoping he still finds BBQ a good deal of fun this summer, but who knows?

Now, as far as myself, 3/31 isn't too far away at all, but I won't be entering as a solo competitor that far away for a a variety of reasons. If someone is looking for some help though, I've got two legs, two arms, and am not a total Q idiot (almost, but not 100%). Perhaps I'll come down for a visit? I guess I better make sure that weekend is open before I say stuff like that. Hold the phone, I'll get back with y'all. (is that proper Okie talk? Laughing )

Now, if any of the Okie Squad is planning on being at the Lenexa BBQ Battle up here in the Land of Oz, I know for a fact we are DEFINITELY competing there, other events are still up in the air at the moment.
SMOKIN SMOKEY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08 06 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="allsmokenofire"]C'mon now pimp....that's the best you can do?? You wanted some trash talk and I think we covered it pretty thoroughly. If you have something constructive to add, feel free to jump on in. If you don't have anything constructive to add you could do a google search for a different forum that might be more your speed. :wink:[/quote]

I would like to know what part of trash talk you don`t understand ?
Did I hit a sensitive spot. There`s no crying in BBQ trash talk, there`s is no group hugs in BBQ trash talk. Its just trash talk, nothing serious.
Your BBQ still sucks :lol:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: