FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

memphis bbq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smokinbyhisgrace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30 06 5:58 am    Post subject: memphis bbq Reply with quote

Hello all!!!!!my son is going to have some testing done in Memphis, Tenn at le boneur childrens hospital for 5 days any good bbq places there? write back she'll be leaving wednesday the Feb 2nd and I'll be there the following Monday
1MoreFord
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30 06 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smokin,

There's a lot of BBQ to be found in Memphis. The only 3 I've eaten at are Central BBQ, Interstate, and the Rendevous.

That's the way I rate 'em too. Central and Interstate are worth a visit and maybe the Rendevous too, just to say you've eaten there.

Now if you have the time and need a road trip break there's a little hole in the wall about an hour to the west just off I-40 in Devall's Bluff, AR called Craigs. Very good sliced sammy's with a unique sauce. Kinda small though - might want two of 'em. After that there's another hole in the wall - a pie shop across the street for desert.

Good luck to y'all and your son.
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30 06 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a chance to make it out to Germantown, try The Commissary. Besides having killer pulled pork, they also have excellent tamales...not usually a combination you see in the same place, but worth the trip.

Hope all goes well...
Mikesooner
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30 06 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allsmoke..talked to a guy that said Leo's or Tom's in ne OKC was the best in the city..have ya ever tried them?
Rich

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09 06 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second the motion on Craigs.My brother got engaged at the Rendevous,he wasn't all that impressed,but that might be because he likes his ribs wet and theirs are dry.Uh oh...here we go with the Memphis feud....wet or dry,lol
auto

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24 06 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eo's is ok, depending on what day you eat. Germantown Comissary is some awesome food, the pulled pork, ribs, and sweet tea rock Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: