FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Addictive apple crisp recipe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Dessert Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morick
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16 08 3:40 am    Post subject: Addictive apple crisp recipe Reply with quote

I made this apple crisp 2 times in the past week and its awesome . I thought the topping was to sweet and the apples were not sweet enough. I omitted some brown sugar from topping mixture than added that to the apples mixture. also i doubled the topping. Happy eating http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apple-Crisp-II/Detail.aspx
Christopher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17 08 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of water try using a mix of a little orange juice and lemon juice, it'll keep the apples from browning during slicing and add a little something extra to the apples. Depending on the apples you use, you may not need that much extra liquid anyway. A little nutmeg will help too.

Haven't made that recipe, but, just a suggestion. Smile
The "O"
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06 09 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A buddy of mine used this and stayed with the brown sugar. Then he put it in the smoker at the great grillers comp in shawnee ks. Man it was the best apple crisp pie I have ever had. Try it for yourself and you wont be disappointed, remember, in the smoker not the oven.
feldon30
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 18 12 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An oldie but goodie.

Made this today and it was fantastic.

I omitted the water, doubled the strusel topping, and adjusted the sugar amounts to be less sweet. I would absolutely make this again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Dessert Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: