FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ribs and a Roast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big George's BBQ
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10 06 8:06 pm    Post subject: Ribs and a Roast Reply with quote

On Sunday I smked 3 Baby Backs and a 5 to 6 pound eye roast. I used the Basic Barbecue Rub and Sauce and for the roast a Java Rub from Steve Raichlen's book How to Grill. I prepared the rubs and sauce Sat. night, and put the rubs on the meat. I used Whicked Good Charcoal and Pecan wood chunks. The meat was put on the grill around 2:45PM. I did a fairly good job of maintaining a 225 degree temp. The weather was good for Jan., Unfortuneately my back yard does not drain well and it was like a swamp. Dinner was supposed to be at 6PM but my son was 1/2 hour late. It was a good thing the outside temp. started to drop as did the temp. of my grill as I was able to keep the food warm on it. The sauce had a bit of heat. The food turned out great. My family used the term awsome to describe it. I also made bake beans- recipe from the same book and smoked them for 2 hours before I put the meat on. They too were really good. I thought the charcoal was relatively easy to use and made little mess. the pecan gave it a great taste. I think I want to try a Boston Butt to make pulled pork next. Unfortuneately my work times are going to get a bit bizzare and I will start my 3rd job for the next 4 months. I will only have Sun. to Q.
mding38926
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10 06 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big George....definitely sounds like a great cook............nothing better than having the family love it!!!!
Doc1680
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11 06 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you had a successful cook. You'll definitely want to try a butt. And Sunday is a perfect day to Q.

Doc
Big George's BBQ
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11 06 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem with Sunday is trying to clean the grill esoecially with it being dark so early
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: