FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey Guys....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckrogers71
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11 06 8:23 am    Post subject: Hey Guys.... Reply with quote

Well I took the plunge and bought a charcoal grill. I have always cooked w/ gas but thought it was time to step it up a notch.

I got a great deal on a CharBroil kettle.

Looks a little like a Weber, wish it was a Weber, but for the price 50.00 at lowes, it looks like a fine candidate for the litmus test.

Anyhow, I know I will have a TON of questions but some have been answered by the site.

Look forward to being here! Very Happy
Rocky
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11 06 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there buck!! Glad you took the plunge to the wild side and will be cooking some real tasty food now. Now you also need to get yourself a good smoker to add to your lineup. Although, you can do some low and slow smoking if you bank your coals to one side of your grill and put the meat on the other side for "indirect" smoking.

Good luck with your new charcoal grill. Cool

http://www.bigdrumsmokers.com
buckrogers71
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11 06 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Rock. I was checking your BBQ pics. NICE! Cool

Its amazing how much flavor you can impart w/ charcoal and wood. Made some bonless chix breast the other night and did more of a diect method as opposed to indirect.

It was the first time (other than college when we doused the charcoal w/ lighter fluid and lost our eyebrows Laughing ) using the charcoal and I made a few mistakes.

1) thought it would be quicker for the coals to light in the chimney
2) Used too much charcoal (the grill was still warm 2 hrs later)
3) Used WAY too much Hickory (chicken was VERY smokey)

I want to make a pork loin for the games this weekend (the same one that I think that I saw here. That bad boy was butterflied w/ provolone, spinach and prosciutto....yummy)

thanks for the warm welcome.

Right now I gotta stick to charcoal and the gas. I have my own little grilling/bbq station next to the pool filter Cool Its cool though, the shrubs hide me Cool Cool Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: