FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sa-Mokin on Tulsa Time - Hi Everyone!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sa-Mokin
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24 06 5:53 am    Post subject: Sa-Mokin on Tulsa Time - Hi Everyone! Reply with quote

Patrick Elliott from Tulsa, Oklahoma would like to say HI Everyone! Good to be here!

I'm goin on 50 years old and literly grew up on barbeque! My dad had a brick and block pit that was almost the size of a pickup in the back yard. Yah, the old man didn't use charcoal or propane, he bought RICKS of split hickory and oak to cook with. If it can be barbequed, I have probably had it sometime in my life!

A friend and I decided to try the competation deal last summer and entered the Art of Barbeque Cook-off here in Tulsa. We took a pretty good butt kickin in our first competation, but we had a BLAST, and we LEARNED A LOT! I was so tired by the end of the awards ceremony, I just about had to crawl back to the car.

All rested up now and we are already getting ready for this years competations. Signed up for Judging Classes in a couple of weeks and thinking about one of Paul Kirk's cooking classes coming up in April. Just bought a trailer and am getting ready to start building my ultimate smoker trailer. Looking forward to getting it done and warmer weather and BARBECUE!

Hope to meet some of you at some of the upcoming evnets, and again, GLAD TO BE HERE!!!

Sa-Mokin

Last edited by Sa-Mokin on Tue Jan 24 06 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve-O
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24 06 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Lot's of okies here on the board
SmokinOkie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24 06 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

Okie myself. Competed in Tulsa also. Couple of other guys here, Mike and Jeff are from Tulsa and will jump in. I and OkieJay are down near Oklahoma City.

There's a post in the competition forum talking about this year's schedule and you'll see us talkin' about competing.

Good to have you around.

Smokin'
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24 06 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Patrick, Welcome to the forum. I'm a fellow Tulsan and will be at the judging class next month in Bixby. I will be competing in most of the Oklahoma events as well as a few outside the state. Check out the competition thread as SmokinOkie suggested, that's where you'll see all the smack being laid on thick as the season gets started. Good Luck w/ the trailer smoker and I look forward to sharing cooking experiences with you...as soon as the burn ban is lifted Wink
Sa-Mokin
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24 06 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike! I look forward to meeting you at the Judges Class!

Hey, I have been barbeque Jonesing because of the burn ban too, but we were sponsored by Jack Will's here in Tulsa last year and I talked to a friend of mine over there today. He was telling me that the burn ban is only for OPEN charcoal cooking and does not apply to smokers or closed charcoal / wood cookers. All I have been seeing on the news is that charcoaling was banned, but my friend said he checked the offical website and said that it is ONLY FOR OPEN charcoaling. He's been cooking for the past three or four weekends. I ran by the meat market and picked up a brisket and took some baby backs out of the freezer tonight. I'm Sa-Mokin this weekend!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: