FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

College Football Season...predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
polock
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sep 06 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah since i have been a college football fan which hasn't been but about 8 or so years, i never thought i would live to see the day that mizzou was considered a great team or any threat but last year and hopefully this year will change my thoughts of the team. i have always been a fan cause i support my local teams, cards, chiefs, tigers, blues, i like other teams but missouri is number one i my book, yeah i know i should be for the rams but since they let the team go to so much s--t and i liked KC before the rams came to stl. then i'll stick with em lol
weber genesis E-320
Weber Performer
Smokey joe
2 UDS's (love em)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mikesooner
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sep 07 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOMER SOONER!!! Wink
krek
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sep 07 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIZ - ZOU!
Poppa's PTL Club
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sep 09 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slobberin Hog, calm down on the NC talk and try to give Oklahoma a challenge first. Put any kind of scare in the Sooners and then talk about NC.

You're so unreasonably optimistic you sound like a UGA fan!
DawgPhan
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sep 09 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poppa's PTL Club wrote:
Slobberin Hog, calm down on the NC talk and try to give Oklahoma a challenge first. Put any kind of scare in the Sooners and then talk about NC.

You're so unreasonably optimistic you sound like a UGA fan!

ahhh, Dont worry about him...I think that it is cute when they are like that..following their Fischer Price "My First Football Team" and thinking that they have a shot at winning the national title...The only difference between this season and last will be that the Sooners wont beat the ever living snot out of them....Twice...

It should be a great day on saturday though which the Dawgs on at 3:30 in columbia and then the "Greatest game in the history of college football" taking place that night as the Trojans play the bucknuts...
istock74
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sep 10 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slobberin' Hog wrote:
You want Tiger fans?
Here's one. What do Nebraska and Colorado have in common? Answer, They both had to cheat to win a share of National Championship!!!!! Hey McCartney, "WWJD". I'll tell you what Jesus wouldn't do. He wouldn't cheat to win a share of the National Title. I was at the game, I know what happened. It's not bad enough you got an extra down, your QB was sitting on his ass on the 2 yard line then layed down to put the ball in the endzone for the "winning score". Last time I checked, one ass on the ground equalled a knee down. He was down, no touchdown. Thanks for the stab in the back "Judas", you suck.
Sorry for the rant. There's a lot of pent up aggression.
You want to know why MIZZOU will win the Title? Here it is. First, we have the best QB in the nation. Tebow, Safford, or Bradford? Please, you all suck. Senior leadership goes a long way. Daniel is the most fundamentally sound QB in the nation. Who has a better tandem of recievers than Maclin and Coffman? Watch out for Derrick Washington at RB. The man is a beast. He has the quickness and the power to be one of the best. Now, everyone will say the defense is in bad shape because of the Illinois game. Don't be so quick to judge. This the same defense that was the #1 scoring defense in the Big 12 last year. I'll take Moore, Weatherspoon and Sulak over anybody in the country. How about kicker. Surely our kicker isn't that good. Wrong!!!!! Wolfert is more than likely the best kicker in the nation. He hasn't ever missed a kick in league play. EVER. And how about that 51 yarder against Illinois.
The bottom line is this. Great offense + good defense + great special teams + very favorable schedule = National Title. Just remember anything can happen,a fifth down or an illegally kicked ball can ruin your season or take you to a Championship. Either way it's one hell of a ride.

T.G.I.F.S (Thank God it's Football Season)
MIZ-ZOU
Tiger fan for Life,
Gary

Lolzzzzzzz
So by your logic ( and I'm using that term loosely ) Referee ineptitude = cheating by Nebraska? Laughing Laughing Laughing
I'm not about to dispute the fact that the Tigers are by far and away the cream of crop in the north division, maybe the whole conference and even the country. I think it's great and I'm happy for them and their fans. That one little portion of your statement though...... I sense much fail in it. Laughing

PS: What don't Nebraska and Mizzou have in common?
National Championships. We have 5.... Mizzou.... not so much.
NU 812-326-41
Mizzou 583-503-53

NU vs Mizzou 63-35-3.... though it will likely be 63-36-3 after this year.... Laughing [/i]
UDS
Weber Performer
Poppa's PTL Club
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sep 10 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know Slobberin' Hog, I've thought about it some more and you may be right. Apparently you have the best QC, receivers and kicker in the nation, the defense is awesome and all your opponents are running cripples on the field when they're not cheating, which is the only way Superteam Mizzou can lose.

Thanks for straightening the rest of us out!
krek
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sep 14 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizzou's D is going to have to step it up in a big way if we're going to beat anyone in October-January.
OkieJay
BBQ Super Pro

The one thing I do know. the PAC 10 has the worst officials. I have seen better crews at high school JV games.
Mikesooner
BBQ Pro

Compete whuppin' here in Seattle.. Shocked OU!! Shocked the refs(pac10) let the huskies gang whip Granger on one play..injured of course.. Evil or Very Mad
Poppa's PTL Club
BBQ Super Pro

OK, here's a scenario for all you no playoff guys.

USC wins out (if they don't against the rest of their schedule yikes! Both the Pac 10 and the Big 10 proved what weak conferences they are yesterday, oof)
Oklahoma wins out (at least they have some competition)
Georgia wins out (still unlikely in my mind)

Who goes to the NC? How can you take the preseason #1 against what I think most would agree is the toughest schedule of the three (at least Oklahoma's got two seasonal tests and a championship game) and not let them in? I'd be willing to bet that Oklahoma jumps to #2 this week (I've never really said it out loud, but UGA doesn't really get a fair shake with the College Gameday crew, especially Herbstreit). Let's face it, ESPN has so much influence that they essentially can pick the two in a three way race.

So much for the idea that the season is the same as a playoff (again, I don't think the scenario likely, but it is possible and that's all I'm talking about). Even if UGA were to lose to LSU or Florida once, I would argue that they could still be the best team in the country( at least of the three mentioned) and not be able to prove it. USC is a very good football team, but who do they play from here on out? I don't think they got much of a challenge from OSU, who proved themselves the overrrated joke that they are last night. At least we got that out of the way.
Gourmet-Gator
BBQ Super Pro

O.K., I know you all have been waiting for me, my prediction..... FLORIDA GATORS VS FLORIDA GATORS, ....we just can't lose! Very Happy Very Happy Wink

Gear...Oklahoma Joe's Longhorn Offset
Brinkmans Gourmet Bullet
Char-Broil 6 Burner Stainless Gasser
2 Deep Fryers
Thom Emery
BBQ Fan

A plus one game would take care of the "problem"
The best news is we dont have to watch Ohio st in the Championship game this year
Bryce Crane
BBQ Super Pro

I'm so glad the Blackeyes got destroyed once again. Maybe the Sportscenter, First Take, and Gameday crews will stop kissing ass once and for all. OSU is a joke and it showed once again.
Klose Offset
2 labradors
Mississippi Smoker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sep 17 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is my friend BangBang???? If anyone sees him, tell him we need to talk.

"THE" Ohio State lost and lost bad.... again!!!!!

And it wasn't even an SEC team this time....
Bryce Crane
BBQ Super Pro

If anyone is a betting man...take the dawgs -7 over Ariz. St...coming off a bad game for us we will be looking to make a statement. Prediction: Dawgs 45 the other team 10
Klose Offset
2 labradors
Thom Emery
BBQ Fan

Goin to take more than 7 points to want ASU
broncosmoker
BBQ Pro

Thom Emery wrote:
Goin to take more than 7 points to want ASU

I agree with you there. I am still waiting to see of the hype or Georgia is a reality. Towards the end of last year they were deff. the most impressive team out there by far. Just haven't seen that this year. I hope they whp ASU and drunken Erickson down there as well....Just to shut his arse up about how great he thinks he is. Two days until we leave to go to Autzen and see the game. Can not wait, don't think we will win, but want to go for the experience and mark that stadium off my list.
krek
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Oct 04 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict that Missouri will win in Lincoln for the first time since 1978 tomorrow.
istock74
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Oct 04 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

krek wrote:
I predict that Missouri will win in Lincoln for the first time since 1978 tomorrow.

Really going out on a limb with that one eh? Laughing
UDS
Weber Performer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: