FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Char-Broil QuickSet Refurb Questions?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Batona

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11 08 1:34 am    Post subject: Char-Broil QuickSet Refurb Questions? Reply with quote

I hope this is the right area for this.

We moved into our house six years ago. We purchased a Char-Broil gas grill at the time. I am pretty certain it is a QuickSet. It looks like what the web site shows with a few minor differences.

The thing is in rough shape. There is some rust, although not too bad. The upper grate is beyond repair though. The igniter went a few years ago. The burner now only works on one side.

So today I removed the igniter and burner. B4 I actually purchase what I need I thought I would ask for some guidance here.

First know that I am not handy at all. Just getting the burner out taxed me. Smile I know the prudent thing is to purchase a better grill to complement my WSM. We are not going to do that now. I figure if I can rehab this, then maybe I can talk myself into building something in the future.

Anyhow, if I wanted to re-paint this thing, what kind of paint would I use? Would I sand the whole thing first or just touch up the areas?

I searched and saw someone used preforated ceramic bricks in theirs. I gather that is place of the lava rocks, yes?

Is there anything else I should consider at this point? Should I clean this thing while it is apart?

I figure I need a little project and what harm can be done? At worse I end up buying a new gasser. Smile

I appreciate any guidance you can offer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: